• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collect Stuffed Bears

38 posts in this topic

For all of you doom and gloom types I would like to suggest that you sell your worthless comic books and collect stuffed animals, preferably Bears. They are warm and cuddly and will keep you warm at night. I can then move on with my life knowing that I've saved you all from jumping off the side of a building or tossing your Comic Graded Crack into the iron garbage cans and watching it burn.

Image005.jpg

Bob, I think you missed your true calling as a comedian. You should pack up your comic business and try to make it on The Tonight Show.

Either that or I want some of whatever you're smoking in that picture because it obviously has a deliriously mind-warping effect on people.

Gene

it is much easier to smoke 'em if they are out of the plastic! What are you - a novice or something? I think your suggestion of collecting something like cuddly bears is ridiculous. The cuddly bear market is crashing even as we speak. if you want to give these folks real advice tell them to collect something really utilitarian. Like food - start collecting canned food. it is canned like a cgc comic so the quality is assured. it will also last a long time. and who knows, if they stop making canned food in 10 years, you will really have something then! And worse case scenario if the canned food market crashes, you can eat your collection - not just smoke it or use it for kindling! You could also collect toilet paper -many uses there and very utilitarian. Nothing but everyone's best interests at heart!

Now that I really think about it, a Magazine Grading company could really make hay if it's done right. I know some serious mag collectors, and their numbers dwarf comics by a long shot. Heck, just the guys who collect Playboy probably outnumber us 10-1. grin.gif

The Sport's Illustrated angle is also one worth pursuing, since it bridges many different hobbies and I'd hate to see the prices on a NM+ SI with Jordan in his NC uniform.

Be careful there, Bob. Smoking graded books is an accident waiting to happen. I see you've already burnt off most of your hair! grin.gif

Are you moving into HG Plushies?

i think cgc would make a killing with mag grading, like you say CI there are a hellava lot more people that have collected magazines than comics (not sure if they are so anal about storing them though shocked.gif )

be interesting to see how it goes, how much high grade stuff is out there compared to print runs considering the probabilty of badly stored mags?

now where did i put those pristine copies of deadly hands of kung fu......... grin.gif