• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Search function in forums

19 posts in this topic

I have better luck with "older than X years (months)". Make sure you are changing the "Newer than" setting to nothing (no months, weeks, etc) in the drop-down menu when using Older Than.

Was set properly. My searches gets 12 pages but never goes beyond August of this year....

The problem for me is that the search maxes out at 300 hits (but pages depends on how many results you have set per page).

So if I search a common term like "auction", it will show 300 hits from present then get cut off at a certain date.

I can manually override this by setting the "older than" date.

I have better luck with "older than X years (months)". Make sure you are changing the "Newer than" setting to nothing (no months, weeks, etc) in the drop-down menu when using Older Than.

Was set properly. My searches gets 12 pages but never goes beyond August of this year....

You set it to "older than 1 year" and "newer than 1 ____" and it gave you only the last 4 weeks worth of stuff? I don't know what you're doing wrong. Tell me what you're looking for and I'll find it for you :grin:

What's your search string / what are you looking for?

Searching for Rolling Stones quotes......

Parachute woman, land on me tonight

Parachute woman, land on me tonight

I'll break big in New Orleans

And I'll overspill in Caroline

Parachute woman, join me for a ride

Parachute woman, join me for a ride

I'll make my play in Dallas

And get hot again in half the time

Parachute woman, will you blow me out?

Parachute woman, will you blow me out?

Well, my heavy throbbers itchin'

Just to lay a solid rhythm down

The search function on this site is sorely lacking. I'm a member on a couple of other larger forums where you can return ANY results (i.e.: not limited to a certain number of records). Searching for old threads/posts is a piece of cake.

It's a real pain in the arse to find things when you can't remember exactly when they were posted or who posted them. I usually just give up trying to guess date ranges, etc.

I don't really have a problem with anything else here functionality-wise except for that.