• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Drek-A-Lot in da house!!!

300 posts in this topic

Double dog dare you!!!

Ain't got no more.....

Short break......fresh drink.......smoke.......need to find smething other than Squeeze to listen to......back with the final round....a cornicopia of random goodness......

So I'm listening to Styx......a pretty good band actually, but yes I'm old.

I remember reading this story......after the band broke up and the guitarist and writer of most of their harder rocking hits, Tommy Shaw, went on to join Damn Yankees with the entertaining but mostly untalented Ted Nugent.....every night on stage he would diss the Styx song 'Babe', a massive world-wide hit, which was written by Dennis De Young, the lead singer of Styx. .

As the story goes.....after several years of not speaking to each other they met on an elevator. Awkward silence. Then Dennis said....'You should really not make fun of a song that that we did together that brought us such huge success". Tommy nodded. And they went their seperate ways.

And Damn Yankees never made fun of the song again.

If you've ever been in love, or thought you were, and had to 'leave'....You can't hate 'Babe".

So I'm listening to Styx......a pretty good band actually, but yes I'm old.

I remember reading this story......after the band broke up and the guitarist and writer of most of their harder rocking hits, Tommy Shaw, went on to join Damn Yankees with the entertaining but mostly untalented Ted Nugent.....every night on stage he would diss the Styx song 'Babe', a massive world-wide hit, which was written by Dennis De Young, the lead singer of Styx. .

As the story goes.....after several years of not speaking to each other they met on an elevator. Awkward silence. Then Dennis said....'You should really not make fun of a song that that we did together that brought us such huge success". Tommy nodded. And they went their seperate ways.

And Damn Yankees never made fun of the song again.

If you've ever been in love, or thought you were, and had to 'leave'....You can't hate 'Babe".

never heard that one...great story