• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SMH @ the difference between C.B.G. and Wizard's price guide

27 posts in this topic

One of the later Wizard price guide editors started as a member with CPG and then joined Wizard as an intern in the pricing department so we used to be able to talk about pricing a bit until he got promoted a couple of times, got real busy and it probably did not seem appropriate for a Wizard editor to be hanging at CPG anymore.

I always wondered if Wizard got mad when CPG started. Not because it was a competitor, but because CPG blatantly stole Wizard's pricing data. Was this ever mentioned, since he worked for both?

One of the later Wizard price guide editors started as a member with CPG and then joined Wizard as an intern in the pricing department so we used to be able to talk about pricing a bit until he got promoted a couple of times, got real busy and it probably did not seem appropriate for a Wizard editor to be hanging at CPG anymore.

I always wondered if Wizard got mad when CPG started. Not because it was a competitor, but because CPG blatantly stole Wizard's pricing data. Was this ever mentioned, since he worked for both?

Never came up :o

What are you all complaining about? Surely, you know that Atomic Avenue uses the CBG price guide instead of Overstreet for SELLING. (Or in our case, BUYING.)

Oops... did I say that out loud? :blush:

We've been doing this for years. :gossip:

What are you all complaining about? Surely, you know that Atomic Avenue uses the CBG price guide instead of Overstreet for SELLING. (Or in our case, BUYING.)

Oops... did I say that out loud? :blush:

We've been doing this for years. :gossip:

Sorry, I genuinely don’t understand your point. Atomic Avenue is a venue for individual sellers just like e-bay. I don't use it myself.

I don't remember complaining. Perhaps I am not expressing myself well enough. The main point I am trying to get across in my later posts in this thread is that I like the CBG guide better than Wizard and find their actual sales data useful. I am not trying to say I agree with their opinions on the raw values of Walking Dead 1.

I like their actual sales data, their print run data, their creator data and I find it really useful to have the cover dates of 150,000+ comics that they list in their guide. In case it sounds like I think they are perfect I don’t like the fact that they don’t often list issues under the correct publisher when the publisher changes mid run and I don’t like how they apply a single mathematical formula to the values of all grades below 9.4, but I don’t buy their guide for their opinion prices I purchased it for all the cover date and print run data.

Sorry. I wasn't talking about you per se.... (I meant in general.)

The point about Atomic Avenue is that there is a MARKED disparity in price between certain key issues. When sellers on Atomic Avenue use the default pricing model when they send their comics to Atomic Avenue, buyers can leverage the prices there versus the prices commonly found everywhere else.

The most commonly known one is probably ASM #300 which sells for $35.00 on Atomic Avenue in VF to NM.

(So many people do it now that it's difficult to score a great deal these days.)

I did just pick up a Wolverine #10 in 9.6 for either $18 or $22 slabbed though. (thumbs u

Sorry. I wasn't talking about you per se.... (I meant in general.)

The point about Atomic Avenue is that there is a MARKED disparity in price between certain key issues. When sellers on Atomic Avenue use the default pricing model when they send their comics to Atomic Avenue, buyers can leverage the prices there versus the prices commonly found everywhere else.

The most commonly known one is probably ASM #300 which sells for $35.00 on Atomic Avenue in VF to NM.

(So many people do it now that it's difficult to score a great deal these days.)

I did just pick up a Wolverine #10 in 9.6 for either $18 or $22 slabbed though. (thumbs u

That's cool (thumbs u

I was really enjoying this thread and then it seemed like I was taking some falk for indicating I found CBG a more useful guide than Wizard and thinking where the heck where did all these Wizard 'fans' come from :o

i dont know who to listen too anymore... at 1st it was wizard is wrong, only pro's use over street and then i see " noone cares about over street its all about GPA....so i for the most part just trust my LCS on fair prices and if im buying online try to see what other grades go for and then make the call if its fair or not