• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess who's at it again ....

102 posts in this topic

hm So I wonder if its not to late to correct this mess I am in. Any thoughts?

:tonofbricks:

Mike, I have been one of your biggest detractors solely through the attitude you were showing when everybody was telling you the same thing. If you're going to listen and take things in that people tell you then I hope you can start from scratch and learn.

A few pointers I would make:

• Take down the website (which I think you've already done).
  • Cut all ties with PGX.
  • Don't work on other people's books until you have a firm grasp of processes.
  • Don't give your books your own label.
  • Don't work on key books.

All arguments aside, if you're serious about it, then the best of luck.

+1

do this and you will be on the right track in my books. As I am sure Kenny will say he worked on many, many cheap books before he made the step up. It is a slow road but one that would do you the best justice. You have the ambition and drive and if you maintain that you can achieve your goals.

If you need fodder to work on I am sure this community and myself can send alot your way.

Good luck and kudos on your direction change.

[[quote=DiceX

A step in the right direction. :applause:

Website is shut down now as best I can without right help.

Kudos for listening to feedback and trying to fit in.

Hey, you really did shut down your Web site! Cool man, well done. So, why the change of heart? You've been so defiant for so long, I figured you were just happy to go your own way and damn the consequences.

Well , for a start I was thinking of closing website and switching to amateur experimenter on non-keys and just do some stuff for friends with detailed docs. Post my experiments online and take all the criticism in with stride. Avoid CT and don't do something on a key unless its done right. Just a thought. End of line....

Ive watched your antics across 2 boards. This is your best post ever. i wish you luck.

That is the smartest thing I have seen you post in a long time. I'll be one of the first in line to back you up if you are sincere about it.

I am very pleased to hear of this as well Mike!

Well , for a start I was thinking of closing website and switching to amateur experimenter on non-keys and just do some stuff for friends with detailed docs. Post my experiments online and take all the criticism in with stride. Avoid CT and don't do something on a key unless its done right. Just a thought. End of line....

That is the smartest thing I have seen you post in a long time. I'll be one of the first in line to back you up if you are sincere about it.

I am very pleased to hear of this as well Mike!

be prepared for people to be cynical and distrustful of your 180. don't let them get to you, just work that much harder to show that your intentions are good and you will win all but the most hardened eventually.

if you're truly sincere, and it seems you are, then kudos to you for sucking up some pride and listening to those who are trying to help you out. good luck on your venture, hopefully one day good, deserved restoration and conservation will be more widely accepted in the hobby than it is today

quote=codfish]

hm So I wonder if its not to late to correct this mess I am in. Any thoughts?

:tonofbricks:

Mike, I have been one of your biggest detractors solely through the attitude you were showing when everybody was telling you the same thing. If you're going to listen and take things in that people tell you then I hope you can start from scratch and learn.

A few pointers I would make:

• Take down the website (which I think you've already done).
  • Cut all ties with PGX.
  • Don't work on other people's books until you have a firm grasp of processes.
  • Don't give your books your own label.
  • Don't work on key books.

+1

do this and you will be on the right track in my books. As I am sure Kenny will say he worked on many, many cheap books before he made the step up. It is a slow road but one that would do you the best justice. You have the ambition and drive and if you maintain that you can achieve your goals.

If you need fodder to work on I am sure this community and myself can send alot your way.

Good luck and kudos on your direction change.

Thank you all for your response , it tells me I am heading in the right direction. Yes Codfish, not only do I need fodder, but more important I need feedback on the work by sending back whatever is sent to me. Its exspensive enough buying all the right supplies and Equip just to learn this stuff. (: