• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen King vs. Howard The Duck

1 post in this topic

Reading "The Stand" because Wikipedia list it as a reference for Howard and I quote from page 628 - excuse the language:

He sighed and took another comic book off the stack. Some ridiculous thing called Howard Duck, who was supposed to be a master of Quack-Fu. He threw it across the store and it fluttered down in a tent shape on top of a cash register. It was things like Howard Duck, he thought, that made you believe the world was maybe just as well off destroyed.

Well, I was offended! Only slightly as his name is in print in another medium besides comic book form.

My question to the audience after reading from Wikipedia again "The series gradually developed a substantial cult following, possibly amplified by Howard's entry into the 1976 U.S. presidential campaign under the auspices of the All-Night Party (an event later immortalized in a brief reference in Stephen King's The Tommyknockers)."

Can anyone with a copy of Tommyknockers tell me which page this reference is on? And does the Kingster really admire or despise poor Howie?