• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 14 Did I just get a good deal or is this book restored from these images?

30 posts in this topic

Just won it on ebay for $1100

Advertised as a 9.2 but it's obviously not.

I am hoping for 8.5 as long as it's not restored?

Pages look pretty nice too?

The right side of the cover is just a little to perfectly straight and the top right corner looks a little off... trimmed?

7 day refund of course.

ASM141.jpg

ASM14.jpg

ASM142.jpg

As usual thanks!

who was the seller? 7 days isn't really enough time to check for restoration, unless it's walk through or express. good luck :wishluck:

His description sure is worded oddly as are his photos.

The comic(s) are 100% unrestored or a full refund will be given including shipping fee's & If you are dissatisfied in any way i have a 7 day return policy on all books i sell.

But he recently listed another ASM 14 as restored so I would simply ask him up front what your options are for having a resto check, and if he will not wait then return it for a full refund within 7 days.

For something like this I would fedex it to CGC and choose express.

The 7 day refund policy on ebay is null and void if the item is "significantly not as described"

Ebay/Paypal will back me up for up to 45 days.

I know someone that has been through all this before on a restored ASM 5.

Well, since you already bought it I would go the Fed Ex route and cross your fingers. His photos are simply not enough to say one way or another.

Keep us posted once you find out, and good luck.

:wishluck:

The right side of the cover is just a little to perfectly straight and the top right corner looks a little off... trimmed?

Looks like it to me... :sorry:

$3 for a pro resto check before submission - that's a great deal on a pricey book!

That is a great deal. Everyone must have been sleeping when that one ended. That right side does look off, but it is hard to tell. Book doesnt look mis-wrapped either. Good luck.

DRX

Just giving everyone a heads up, I'm the seller of this book & it's completely unrestored...no trim job, color touch etc..it's 100% original. Bruno I'm sure if you CGC this it will without a dout score 8.5 blue label if not higher :)

Well there you have it, can't ask for much more then that.

And just to get it said, if it comes back plod in a month you will refund his money? Not trying to be a wanker, just wanting to make sure he is covered in case you missed something.

Just giving everyone a heads up, I'm the seller of this book & it's completely unrestored...no trim job, color touch etc..it's 100% original. Bruno I'm sure if you CGC this it will without a dout score 8.5 blue label if not higher :)

:applause:

Holy !

Thanks Batlab....and thanks Ze-man for having my back.

My $1,000,000 question to you Batslab is.... why didn't you send it down to CGC yourself? It would have sold for much higher than what I paid?

Thanks again. :banana:

I can't see this book getting a 8.5 from the fine folks in Florida. That BC upper Right area has a good size indentation. Plus the tanning on the BC edges as well. The FC isn't in the 8.5 area either IMHO. The FC URC area seems to be a bit rough as well. The FC bottom edge near the Incredible Hulk box also has a tiny bit of damage as well. I'm not trying to say this isn't a nice book, because it is. Looking at that auction scans/pics. I would of said 7.5 tops and bid with that in mind. With all do respect. This book is no where near NM. I have a copy up on Ebay right now. Just to confirm my thoughts on the grade. I posted it in the PGM section. I was correct in my thoughts. 4.0 - 4.5 raw. But the seller seems to be a stand up guy. He will do the right thing judging from his post's here.