• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RULK?

156 posts in this topic

On a more philospohical note, what is with Marvel's obsession lately with having evil versions of heroes lately? Although having to literally fight an evil version of oneself is a common story theme in comic books, it's been the entire basis of several big stories lately: Secret Invasion, Dark Avengers, Rulk, etc. Dark Avengers is a really good series IMO, but I thought from the start they were trying to hard to have the 'evil' Spdey, Wolverine, etc.

I bought Planet Hulk in TPB. Picked up Hulk during WWH. Knew I should have dropped with the transition to Incredible Herc. Somehow, I now have what feels like 3-4 worthless Hulk books per month coming.

I'll not be finding out who RULK is as the Hulks just came off the pull list.

I need one of these :makepoint: for taking so damb long to drop it.

Loeb really has ed up the Hulk at his most popular. I'm looking forward to Pak's Incredible Hulk but there is no way that I'll touch Loeb's crapfest. :sick:

Loeb really has ed up the Hulk at his most popular. I'm looking forward to Pak's Incredible Hulk but there is no way that I'll touch Loeb's crapfest. :sick:

Is Greg Pak going to be writing the Incredible Hulk again? His run on Planet Hulk was awesome. I wished that the plot would have kept the Hulk in space exploring other planets. I dumped the Loeb story after issue 2, it was just too silly writing.

In Planet Hulk, the smart Hulk was kicking fanny and taking names. After World War Hulk (which wasn't that great by the way), the Hulk lost his smarts.

Is Greg Pak going to be writing the Incredible Hulk again? His run on Planet Hulk was awesome. I wished that the plot would have kept the Hulk in space exploring other planets. I dumped the Loeb story after issue 2, it was just too silly writing.

In Planet Hulk, the smart Hulk was kicking fanny and taking names. After World War Hulk (which wasn't that great by the way), the Hulk lost his smarts.

From what I understand, this is because Bruce Banner is no longer siding with the Hulk. I didn't really catch when he stopped being on the Hulk's side (after WWH?), but he's definately back on the Hulk-hating bandwagon again in Incredible Hulk.

If Pak starts writing again, I'll pick it up again.

I think I remember seeing that he will be at least co-writing again soon so that they can finish the trilogy he had planned (planet hulk, world war hulk, and the finale) but unfortunately I think I remember seeing he is co-writing it with Loeb so they can incorporate the (adjectiveless) Hulk

I think I remember seeing that he will be at least co-writing again soon so that they can finish the trilogy he had planned (planet hulk, world war hulk, and the finale) but unfortunately I think I remember seeing he is co-writing it with Loeb so they can incorporate the (adjectiveless) Hulk

What Loeb does can't be described as writing - butchery more like it.

What Loeb does can't be described as writing - butchery more like it.

I figured he used the style south park described the family guy writers using...

10042_cartman_pissed_about_manatees.jpg