• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huge 5 figure ASM's sales on C-Link right now

64 posts in this topic

Anyone think Josh bought them himself to auction at a later date? He would get them for 10% off and they are quite a score. Maybe someone needed quick cash and didn't want to wait until the next auction/getting paid?

Well, since everyone is speculating...these might all be part of a "pre-arranged" brokered sale between consignor and buyer. Comiclink is just publishing the sales on the site as an after-the-fact advertisement of how they dominate this market and all we can do is point and drool at that fact.

Just a thought. hm

Anyone think Josh bought them himself to auction at a later date? He would get them for 10% off and they are quite a score. Maybe someone needed quick cash and didn't want to wait until the next auction/getting paid?

Well, since everyone is speculating...these might all be part of a "pre-arranged" brokered sale between consignor and buyer. Comiclink is just publishing the sales on the site as an after-the-fact advertisement of how they dominate this market and all we can do is point and drool at that fact.

Just a thought. hm

That's what I think too.

I bought a book from Comiclink years ago but the book had been taken off the site at the time as the book had not sold and the so seller removed it. Since I had no way of bidding on the book (but knew it was just there a few hours ago) I had Josh broker the deal. After consummating the sale Josh published the sale on the site even though the book had been removed previously and the deal brokered behind the scenes.

(thumbs u

No, you were being a . But, that's what I love about you. <3

Hell, I figured if you could find two women that would marry you, especially at your age now, then I'm not sunk just yet.

You'd have to actually like women for this to be a valid comment. :slapfight:

Jim likes women. He just doesn't like them if they are tattooed, opinionated, or mouthy.

Jim is screwed.

No, you were being a . But, that's what I love about you. <3

Hell, I figured if you could find two women that would marry you, especially at your age now, then I'm not sunk just yet.

You'd have to actually like women for this to be a valid comment. :slapfight:

Jim likes women. He just doesn't like them if they are tattooed, opinionated, or mouthy.

Jim is screwed.

I can handle opinionated.

Just a thought. hm

yes, if doug can do it, josh can do it bigger

Just a thought. hm

Agree +1.

My initial impression is a package buy by a well heeled collector.

Just a thought. hm

Yeah...and as Roy chimed in, makes sense...

I wonder if any of these books are "upgradable" as many of them are old label... hm

All books are "upgradable" in the endless development of upgradable techniques...I like to think of pressing machines these days as time machines...once these "legitimate" techniques are exhausted, make way for the true counterfeiting... :devil:

I wonder if any of these books are "upgradable" as many of them are old label... hm

Maybe.... if you have the stones to buy, mail, have cracked and handled, then re-subbed and graded, a group of 20-30K books.

So you're saying that Doug Schmell was the buyer?

Does anyone know who the seller is?

Is there a chance Tom or Ghostown bought to compare for upgrade?

Will we see these on the auction block before the end of the year?

Do you think the price shown was the price paid?

Does anyone know who the seller is?

Is there a chance Tom or Ghostown bought to compare for upgrade?

Will we see these on the auction block before the end of the year?

Do you think the price shown was the price paid?

I'm still going with the hypothesis that there's a very new whale out there with some of the deepest pockets the hobby has ever seen going for complete 9.6/9.8 runs, that both Doug and Josh know exactly who it is, and they're both contacting everyone they know to fill this guy's runs. And in this case, Josh got in contact with a single collector willing to dump some issues the guy needed. Just look at all the "we haven't seen them in years, if ever" copies surfacing the last few months. Doug's auction a few weeks ago had the best FF run that I think has ever been offered publicly since CGC started. I predict we'll continue to see books we haven't seen in years surface and sell for whatever price a second-high bidder is willing to carry them to until this guy's runs are filled and there aren't upgrades left for him to get.

There are several collectors out there with deep pockets and filling runs OR buying up top examples of any book that comes to market.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

:baiting:

There are several collectors out there with deep pockets and filling runs OR buying up top examples of any book that comes to market.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

:baiting:

Still haven't answered my question--show me some examples where a single issue and title sold for insane prices twice in a row! Then, I'll believe there's more than one new mega-whale in the waters. :sumo: