• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Mcfarlane Cover?

11 posts in this topic

Well I posted the other day in another forum that Hulk 330 was the first Mcfarlane cover. Now do think that this might be right to some degree but does anyone know where I could find a complete credits list for mcfarlane and what his first covers is. I have tried all of the normal avenues but never get anything. Thanks for you help.

Nothing he did before Hulk sells anyway, so it doesn't really matter. That early stuff didn't even sell back when he was the hottest artist in the Universe.

Wasn't his first work in an issue of Coyote, the Epic series?

But he do any of those covers... his DC work on the all star squardron definitely predates his hulk work... my only thought would be on the covers.

by the way, one of the issues of wizard offers a full checklist of all mcfarlane work.

Wasn't his first work in an issue of Coyote, the Epic series?

Yep, but that was a back-up story and the original question was for First Cover.

I still say it's All Star Squadron, as I can't find anything earlier.

According to Overstreet, Hulk 330 is April 1987

First McFarlane full story "part cover" All Star Squadron 47 July 1985

2nd McFarlane full story and cover pencils Infinity Inc 14 May 1985

More OS goofiness-- the 2nd app pre-dates the first??? confused.gif

STOP THE PRESSES, ARNOLD!!!!!!! foreheadslap.gif