• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuart Immonen, Dale Keown and more signing at The Dragon - Guelph, ON Sept 19th

33 posts in this topic

Keep in mind there are 49 other "reasons" and I have to admit some of which are pretty darn convincing. The book is like a checklist; see which ones your guilty of committing.

I think most of us here are probably inadvertantly guilty of at least 10 or so.

okay, what witnessess are going to this?

I've got a few HULK and PITT I would love for sig series!

:popcorn: maybe if it was announced more than 6 days prior :cry:

Stuart's mini-book used to be sold on his website but has been sold out for awhile now.

If memory serves me correctly, one of Stuart's 50 reasons also included requests of commissions of the fan's significant other drawn as "Slave Leia".

Some of the cartoons he did for each reason were dead on. However, I believe the most annoying to Stuart was always the free sketches being sold on ebay the next day. Most artists get around this by:

- only doing paid commissions but signing autographs for free.

- doing quick freebies in bound sketchbooks and personalizing the sketches in ink.

- drawing lousy freebies so they are not saleable on ebay or people stop asking for the freebies.

Cheers!

N

Congratulations GoldenGuardian. That Spider-man sketch is pretty sweet.

It was a successful event, the CGC group that came down from Toronto to take advantage of this signing were quite generous, we raised $780 for HERO.

All I can say is: please don't flip these on ebay.

I think you realize how rare it is that Stuart does this sort of thing. While we may be just some store up in Canada, it wasn't a fluke that Stuart did this: it was out of friendship.

It was a rare person that followed Stuart's rule (inside bound books only) and perhaps we should have monitored the situation more closely; all we can hope is that Stuart wasn't put off by the experience to the extent that he would decline to do any sketching, even for a charity, in the future.

Cherish those pieces forever.

It was a successful event, the CGC group that came down from Toronto to take advantage of this signing were quite generous, we raised $780 for HERO.

I think you realize how rare it is that Stuart does this sort of thing. While we may be just some store up in Canada, it wasn't a fluke that Stuart did this: it was out of friendship.

It was a rare person that followed Stuart's rule (inside bound books only) and perhaps we should have monitored the situation more closely; all we can hope is that Stuart wasn't put off by the experience to the extent that he would decline to do any sketching, even for a charity, in the future.

Never hawked a book to date and I don't plan on starting with such gems as these. I'm very much aware of Stuarts policy on sketches and I don't plan on soiling it even more by ebaying these. Mark my words, the only place these are going to get mailed are to CGC and back again :grin:

Thanks once again for the fantastic experience.

Congrats on the amount raised for HERO!

Stuart was kind enough to do two sketches for me on sketch covers. One was a personal favour for a friend of mine (it's not going anywhere except to CGC and then to his collection) and the other is for my personal collection. I sincerely hope NONE of these end up on E-Bay. Thanks for organizing this and I hope to see it done again in the future. Your store looks great (thumbs u

Aside from this when was the last time that Stuart did a mass sketching like this one?

I've seen the odd sketch flying around but never something like this where he was pumping them out.

I would say the 2007 Paradise con, where he worked with us (The Dragon) in a special 'kids only' area called 'Comics for Kids'. It was a sectioned off area where only those 12 and under were allowed, and a whole bunch of kids got sketches that weekend. He mentions it on his website, that was the only drawing he did that weekend.