• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solomon Kane Movie - Official Trailer Released

26 posts in this topic

He looks like Hugh Jackman in Van Helsing...other than that, looks pretty cool!

James Purefoy was originally going to play "V" in "V for Vendetta," but I think he was so tied up with HBO's Rome as Marc Antony that may be why it didn't happen.

Glad to see he was able to work himself into another movie. Now I hope it delivers.

seems the film has been shopped around but has no takers for distribution. Last chance for a paying customer this week in Toronto. After that the producers will have to buy an opening in the states with their own money.

Trailer looks great. So Im thinking watching the film feels like "more of the same" to those tasked with committing millions to buy the rights. I mean, heres another sword swinging mercenary who tried to swear off killing, only to be dragged back into the fray... for a young girl. zzzzzzzz

In the end, I think someone will work out a deal, with the producers kicking in a pile of dough to get picked up. For a film like this will no real heat, distribs can drive a "take it or leave it" stance, especially nowadays.

seems the film has been shopped around but has no takers for distribution. Last chance for a paying customer this week in Toronto. After that the producers will have to buy an opening in the states with their own money.

Trailer looks great. So Im thinking watching the film feels like "more of the same" to those tasked with committing millions to buy the rights. I mean, heres another sword swinging mercenary who tried to swear off killing, only to be dragged back into the fray... for a young girl. zzzzzzzz

In the end, I think someone will work out a deal, with the producers kicking in a pile of dough to get picked up. For a film like this will no real heat, distribs can drive a "take it or leave it" stance, especially nowadays.

No US distributors yet. There have been numerous international distributors on board for some time now. It's a tough for indepedent films to get picked up right now in the States, but SK is one of two or three pics that are really getting pushed at Toronto this weekend so maybe there will be a deal made in the next few days.

No US distributors yet. There have been numerous international distributors on board for some time now. It's a tough for indepedent films to get picked up right now in the States, but SK is one of two or three pics that are really getting pushed at Toronto this weekend so maybe there will be a deal made in the next few days.

right. no distributor yet! (do we care about the other territories? They pick up films for all kinds of reasons, and may in fact have pre-invested in Cannes years ago in return for their rights. Not the same as seeing a final film and deciding whether to invest.)

the producers do, but if no UD distrib picks it up its straight to dvd.