• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time To Put Up Or.....

25 posts in this topic

Been offered some tables at a Collectibles Show this weekend. The difference between this show and others I've set-up at is the location. This is a bigger show on the German economy vs. the small "get-togethers" and associated small crowds of the military shows.

So essentially I'm asking for advise and tips. Any of you regular show set'em uppers got any things I should prepare and/or look out for.

My stock will be primarily mid/high-grade Bronze with a little Silver/Modern mixed in for flavor. Don't know number of boxes for sure. that'll have to get sorted out tomorrow when I can get to my main collection. Some will be higher ticket items.....

Thanks in advance.......

Jim

If possible, and it sounds like you have sold before, if you know or expect any "regulars" to be there give them a call or an email or whatever, let them know you are gonna be there, and ask if they want to see anything special. I do the reverse of this now. I call the dealers I have dealt with before at Wondercon and ask them to bring some pre-code horror with them. If they know I am gonna be there they will usually bring at least a small selection.

If possible, and it sounds like you have sold before, if you know or expect any "regulars" to be there give them a call or an email or whatever, let them know you are gonna be there, and ask if they want to see anything special.

I have sold before but at vastly smaller shows. This is my first one off a military base and first dealing with German buyers. One thing that I know will be different will be all cash with no checks accepted. The language difference may be a problem as well. I know a little German but I doubt it's adequate for what I expect here. The organizer said he'll assist if needed.

Thanks for all the tips so far.....

Jim

You know that did cross my mind yesterday...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Pay him with some worthless modern books! shocked.gif

27_laughing.gif

confused.gif But I don't own any worthless Modern books anymore.... 893whatthe.gifsumo.gif

Jim

Make a trade with Darth! grin.gif

Jim

27_laughing.gif

confused.gif But I don't own any worthless Modern books anymore.... 893whatthe.gifsumo.gif

Jim

27_laughing.gif Hey you got anything you want me to look for? Hans and Gretchen's Romantic Holiday maybe? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Jim

27_laughing.gif

Jim

27_laughing.gif Hey you got anything you want me to look for? Hans and Gretchen's Romantic Holiday maybe? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

sorry.gif

Jim

27_laughing.gif

Jim

Jim

sorry.gif

Hey! At least this gets me off my [!@#%^&^] to see if I have any dup Romances for you! sumo.gif

Jim

Jim

27_laughing.gif

Jim

Jim

sorry.gif

Hey! At least this gets me off my [!@#%^&^] to see if I have any dup Romances for you! sumo.gif

Jim

But will it get me off my [!@#%^&^] to look for the books off your list? 893frustrated.gif