• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOOM!BOOM!POW! War comics. Glorious, handsome war comics - incl. THE major key!

31 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Time for a little war comics sale... haven't had one in ages, so I'm due.

Got some great books here, including a very affordable copy of Our Army at War #83 - the single hottest war comic out there.

All sales are guaranteed. Payment via paypal. Shipping... I hate to do this, but shipping costs from Canada are up, so... First two books are $7, Three to five books is $12, and I'll quote beyond that. Keep in mind, I pack for protection, and that ads a little weight. Shipping beyond North America, and I'll have to quote you.

Have fun and enjoy. I'm scanning and uploading now, so these should start to drop in about 20 minutes or so.

Thanks

Shep

Our Army at War #217 9.2 Amazing copy of a very tough black cover. Kubert art on the interior too – killer. Creases around the top staple area and a little scrape on the top right corner are the only real flaws. Pretty sweet copy. $30.00

oaaw217.jpg

Our Army at War #218 9.0+ This is one of the unsung keys of the Bronze age, with the first appearance of the ‘USS Stevens’ series, one of war comics’ treasures. Add to that one of the best Russ Heath art jobs ever on the lead Rock story, and you’ve got just a classic issue. This is a tough book to find in any grade over VF. Would grade solid 9.2 or better, but there a light corner bend on the back cover, and a light ink transfer stain along the top edge of the back cover. $30.00

ooaw218.jpg

Our Army at War #217 9.2 Amazing copy of a very tough black cover. Kubert art on the interior too – killer. Creases around the top staple area and a little scrape on the top right corner are the only real flaws. Pretty sweet copy. $30.00

oaaw217.jpg

:takeit:

Our Army at War #218 9.0+ This is one of the unsung keys of the Bronze age, with the first appearance of the ‘USS Stevens’ series, one of war comics’ treasures. Add to that one of the best Russ Heath art jobs ever on the lead Rock story, and you’ve got just a classic issue. This is a tough book to find in any grade over VF. Would grade solid 9.2 or better, but there a light corner bend on the back cover, and a light ink transfer stain along the top edge of the back cover. $30.00

ooaw218.jpg

DC Super Pac C-9 Contains Superman 280, Black Magic #6, and Our Fighting Forces #151, which is the first Losers story by Kirby. Ink mark on the Superman side is on the bag, and had NOT transferred through to the book. Books all appear NM $35.00

sp1-1.jpg

sp2-1.jpg

sp3-1.jpg

Our Army at War #244 9.2 Great copy of a fantastic war book – contains the story ‘Easy’s First Tiger’, which is arguably the greatest Sgt. Rock story ever. Nice tight flat copy. $25.00

oaaw244.jpg

DC Super Pac C-9 Contains Superman 280, Black Magic #6, and Our Fighting Forces #151, which is the first Losers story by Kirby. Ink mark on the Superman side is on the bag, and had NOT transferred through to the book. Books all appear NM $35.00

sp1-1.jpg

sp2-1.jpg

sp3-1.jpg

G.I. Combat reading lot. All of these issues are deemd ‘readers only’. They are all complete, but may exhibit tears, water stains, pieces missing that don’t affect story, etc. includes beater issues of GI Combat #49, #60, #64, #69 and #71. $14.00

th_gic64.jpgth_gic69.jpgth_gic49.jpgth_gic60.jpgth_gic711.jpg

And, the pure glory....

Our Army at War #83 This is THE key war book, being the true first appearance of Sgt. Rock by Joe Kubert and Bob Kanigher. This issue has the cover detached, and half the back cover is missing. I am including a reproduction cover that was completed by a very talented board member. The interior is complete, and looks good – a great opportunity to marry up a cover if you have access to one. You will never find a cheaper way to put this book into your collection. $60.00

oaaw83f.jpg

oaaw83b.jpg

Here's the repro cover that comes with it - it's complete inside, with the correct ads, etc.

oaaw83r.jpg

And, the pure glory....

Our Army at War #83 This is THE key war book, being the true first appearance of Sgt. Rock by Joe Kubert and Bob Kanigher. This issue has the cover detached, and half the back cover is missing. I am including a reproduction cover that was completed by a very talented board member. The interior is complete, and looks good – a great opportunity to marry up a cover if you have access to one. You will never find a cheaper way to put this book into your collection. $60.00

oaaw83f.jpg

oaaw83b.jpg

Here's the repro cover that comes with it - it's complete inside, with the correct ads, etc.

oaaw83r.jpg