• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Conan #31

31 posts in this topic

It's worth $3, but not if someone was expecting it to be in NM and the description wasn't accurate ;)

According to who's guidelines?....CGC's (who's guidlines haven't been released to the public), or Overstreet's, which allows even foxing and staple discoloration on NM issues.

According to Overstreet:

"NM - Nearly perfect with only minor imperfections that keep in from the next higher grade. "

I would not say that stains, several dings on the spine, all 4 corners blunted and slight spine roll would put this in the NM catagory. Even the guy above who said he would "possibly" give it a 9.0 wouldn't call it NM as 9.0 puts it 2 catagories down from NM. Worth $3 certainly, but not NM. What if it had sold for $15? Would it then be worth that much?

There is no roll. No dings that I see on the spine. TRC may be a little soft, but the BRC is sharp. There are four tiny stains on the BC, which don't even penetrate the BC. I still stand by NM according Overstreet definition. Read the rest of the page, when you find the time... It may certainly not be NM by CGC's 'standards', but that entirely depends on how them guys feel on any particular day. I've seen worse comics in 9.6 slabs. And I've sure seen my share of other examples to back that up (NOD), including the grader's notes. Whatever....you say tomato, I say cucumber.................it's all good.

I also am the guy you sold the book to so I feel like I'm in a position to speak factually about the condition of this book ;)

I DEFY you to show me scans of a book that CGC graded as a 9.6 that looked "worse" than this. I don't plan on sending it in, but I would be willing to bet good money that there is no way that this book would grade a 9.4 ( NM ) let alone a 9.6. It would be a stretch if this graded at a 9.0 to be perfectly honest.

I also am the guy you sold the book to so I feel like I'm in a position to speak factually about the condition of this book ;)

I DEFY you to show me scans of a book that CGC graded as a 9.6 that looked "worse" than this. I don't plan on sending it in, but I would be willing to bet good money that there is no way that this book would grade a 9.4 ( NM ) let alone a 9.6. It would be a stretch if this graded at a 9.0 to be perfectly honest.

I also told you to send them back if you didn't like them, but you'd rather be pissy about it.

I asked you why did you bid, if you looked at my front and back scans and didn't agree with my grade? No answer.....

I stated that it would have been nice if you asked me any questions before you bid, and all of a sudden I have a crappy attitude.

I think you bought them off me just to give me a hard time. Maybe your buddy is the guy who bought the Subby #59 off me last week, and complained about his $3 comic.

YOU are wrong about ANY spine roll, or any other defects BESIDES the tiny spots on the back, and the soft TRC. Like I said before, just try buying a Conan off Doug at Pedigree, and it will cost you $50-100, or MORE.

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=19508

What was wrong with the other three issues? Do I need to post scans of all of them to prove you wrong? Why don't you post them, and see what the consensus here is on all four that you shelled out a whopping $12.50 for.

It RARELY happens to me, but when it does, it's always the one's who spend the least that the loudest. And if you want to see the examples I spoke of, just go to the Network of Disclosure...

http://www.networkofdisclosure.org/forum/index.php

Conan #26 NM:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160358926273&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

Conan #29 NM:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160358927030&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

Conan #30 NM:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160358927294&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

Like I said before, just send them back. I don't want my customers to be unhappy. And I sure don't want to ruin my good reputation over some nit-picker who wants his $3 back. If I'm doing something wrong, I sure must have fooled the over 3,000 customers who left me positive feedback, INCLUDING YOU.

1.certainly not NM-,on the other hand well worth the 12.00 and change for them.

2.All three look to be around 7.5 IMHO

Cant we all just get along :baiting:

7.5???

IMHO, you're wrong.

1.certainly not NM-,on the other hand well worth the 12.00 and change for them.

2.All three look to be around 7.5 IMHO

Cant we all just get along :baiting:

7.5???

IMHO, you're wrong.

You've been grading books for how long? I thought I was on your side with the price,but you must be joking if you think those are anywhere near 9.2/9.4 books (shrug) they are great books for the price it's true,but please be honest with customers. meh

Hey man, all I did was ask for a refund...which you offered on your auctions. You asked me what I didn't like about the books and I politely explained that I thought that they were a bit overgraded. You then proceeded to lecture me on comics grading. My question is, if you're going to offer a refund, why make it so difficult? You stated that the books were in NM shape which they're clearly not. I don't disagree that I got some decent comics at a good price, but they weren't as advertised. I still can't figure out if you're upset because they went for a lot cheaper than you thought they should go for or because I called your grading into question.

Oh,and to answer your question about 26, 29 and 30...pretty much the same deal as the other ones. Again I will reiterate, they're not bad books, but it's not what I paid for.