• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000.00 then 10c a book!!!!!

21 posts in this topic

:pullhair:

finally cleaning out the closet.

I have separated all my books to what i'm going to keep.

11 boxes is what im going to part ways with.

I was doing some research on e-bay. it looks like most collections go for 0.10 a book. which would make my left overs worth $25 a boxes. which is depressing. when i spent at least a dollar a comic. :pullhair:

:censored::censored::censored:

dam it...

I was doing some research on e-bay. it looks like most collections go for 0.10 a book. which would make my left overs worth $25 a boxes. which is depressing. when i spent at least a dollar a comic. :pullhair:

dam it...

sounds like '90s crud for sure. :tonofbricks:

I feel your pain

:sorry:

WEBHEAD

dam it...

What sort of stuff is it? (shrug)

marvel,dc,image, chaos,dark horse

batman,spiderman,hulk,iron man, spawn,a-team,

wonder women,x-men, pitt, witchblade ,green lantern,painkiller jane,teen titans,robin,,justice league,aquaman ,flash,fantastic four,captain america,

daredevil,marvel comic presents,avengers,web of spiderman,ghost rider,

detective comics,house of m, evil ernie,grendal,glory,shadowhawk.gi joe,steel,superman.

mostly 90's. in vf-fine.

will sell in lots of 50 or 100.

marvel,dc,image, chaos,dark horse

batman,spiderman,hulk,iron man, spawn,a-team,

wonder women,x-men, pitt, witchblade ,green lantern,painkiller jane,teen titans,robin,,justice league,aquaman ,flash,fantastic four,captain america,

daredevil,marvel comic presents,avengers,web of spiderman,ghost rider,

detective comics,house of m, evil ernie,grendal,glory,shadowhawk.gi joe,steel,superman.

mostly 90's. in vf-fine.

will sell in lots of 50 or 100.

Fair warning (in my experience any way) - they won't even go for .10 a book on ebay unless it's a popular title. Spawn sells fairly well. I couldn't even give away some lots - Conan, some Batman, etc. :P

Definitely try here first and good luck! (thumbs u

I couldn't even give away some lots - some Batman, etc.

You couldn't have been... ahem... asking in the right places :whistle:

lol - probably, but I feared offending the fragile sensibilities of my fellow board members by asking too much so I thought .99 on eBay was a workable compromise.

While no one likes selling books for 10¢ on the dollar - as long as they weren't an "investment" and you originally bought them to read - look at them like any other entertainment purchase - if you were dumping tons of CDs,DVDs, old magazines and books - you wouldn't expect to come close to breaking even - even less if you have old cassettes and VHS tapes. We tend to think of selling that kind of stuff as "found money" - even if we take a loss on the original purchase - but the collector mindset has convinced us that unless we profit ( or at least break even) from selling our old comics we were stupid for buying them in the first place.

While no one likes selling books for 10¢ on the dollar - as long as they weren't an "investment" and you originally bought them to read - look at them like any other entertainment purchase - if you were dumping tons of CDs,DVDs, old magazines and books - you wouldn't expect to come close to breaking even - even less if you have old cassettes and VHS tapes. We tend to think of selling that kind of stuff as "found money" - even if we take a loss on the original purchase - but the collector mindset has convinced us that unless we profit ( or at least break even) from selling our old comics we were stupid for buying them in the first place.

Nice! Very good point. (thumbs u