• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

Just saw Django.

Tupenny Reviews Django:

Tarantino only wants to make cartoon versions of '70's classics, replete with his signature prolix dialogue & Grand Guignol bloodfeast.

It was good but a weaker entry in his oeuvre.

The stage was stolen from Django by the Austrian actor, Waltz.

In a movie dedicated to the expression of a freed slave, that's an ironic move if not structural blunder by Tarantino.

I will leave the sadfan avatars to others. I follow my own path

People are very visually oriented. I found over Halloween and Christmas that if you change your avatar, people don't recognize you. I have also found that people, myself included, incorporate attributes of your avatar into their perception of your personality. This all falls nicely into my theories of the brain's pattern recognition capabilities and its inherent limitations with scarce and/or atypical information.

Just saw Django.

Tupenny Reviews Django:

Tarantino only wants to make cartoon versions of '70's classics, replete with his signature prolix dialogue & Grand Guignol bloodfeast.

It was good but a weaker entry in his oeuvre.

The stage was stolen from Django by the Austrian actor, Waltz.

In a movie dedicated to the expression of a freed slave, that's an ironic move if not structural blunder by Tarantino.

I agree with your review. I might add that I thought the ending was weak and rather unbelievable. But, all in all, a good movie worth watching.

I think Waltz is so magnetic as an actor that he steals attention. He was great in Inglourious Basterds. But I've also noticed that Tarantino doesn't use traditional protagonists, and the focus of his movies tends to wander among characters, especially as they are killed off. I don't know if this is intentional or not.

I thought the Wagnerian references were amusing and unique.

People are very visually oriented. I found over Halloween and Christmas that if you change your avatar, people don't recognize you. I have also found that people, myself included, incorporate attributes of your avatar into their perception of your personality. This all falls nicely into my theories of the brain's pattern recognition capabilities and its inherent limitations with scarce and/or atypical information.

Shellhead Y U No Speak English?

Shellhead Y U No Speak English?

lol

Sorry.

Ahem...Yo ese, people be all confuzed and all wid da pics changin.

I thought the Wagnerian references were amusing and unique.

I liked the Alexander Dumas reference best.

Welcome back Shellhead.

I believe Bill Clinton had a fondness for cigars.

Between reading the titles and the edits, there's quite a bit of meta going on in these posts.

Bill, congrats on your new contract!

Not ignoring you, but I refuse to support any work made by Jamey Foxx, so I won't discuss. (He's a racist and gets a free pass- that's the only comment I'm gonna make on it)

And Good Brother Dover, you are missed. :foryou: We have recently talked about Paul Krugeman, The Obama Phone Lady and Samira Ibrahim. :cry:

The whited sepulchre thing is Melville, isn't it?

From the harrowingly pedantic chapter the Whiteness of the Whale or something.