• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

My Supreme Commander is Slovakian & prepares goulash frequently.

This thread has gone to her for comment.

I'll report back to the SG once it arrives in my yahoo.

The Eastern Europeans have a knack for taking very cheap and humble ingredients and turning them into something delicious, as well as stretching meats to cover far more servings than one would expect. Brilliant culinary tacticians. My personal favorite is the cabbage roll. :luhv:

I love cabbage rolls, and still have Mom's recipe. Sometimes she would use the leaves from the cherry trees in the backyard instead of cabbage (not as good).

The Eastern Europeans have a knack for taking very cheap and humble ingredients and turning them into something delicious, as well as stretching meats to cover far more servings than one would expect. Brilliant culinary tacticians. My personal favorite is the cabbage roll. :luhv:

I love cabbage rolls, and still have Mom's recipe. Sometimes she would use the leaves from the cherry trees in the backyard instead of cabbage (not as good).

If we ever have an SG get together, you and I are cooking!!

Can it be one of those all day food & drink fests? Start the day early with red eye & go past midnight with the booze, eating all throughout?

I volunteer to eat.

I volunteer to eat.

I volunteer to drink too much and sing off key.

I volunteer to eat.

We'll need Tiki torches and a couple buried luau pigs. :banana:

I volunteer to eat.

I have roasted a whole pig before, but never done one luau style in the ground. I would be up for it!!

Can it be one of those all day food & drink fests? Start the day early with red eye & go past midnight with the booze, eating all throughout?

This is exactly how I envisioned it.

I volunteer to eat.

I have roasted a whole pig before, but never done one luau style in the ground. I would be up for it!!

I have no real experience except for the time I helped dig the pits at a Ranger party up in Dunsmuir, CA. Eight pigs total.

This is exactly how I envisioned it.

Multiple Hawaiian-styled siestas will be needed to make it through the feast alive.

Maybe a Roman vomitorium.

Gilligan, the tiki torches must stay lit.

From my Supreme Commander:

Well, that goulash looked very tasty....it is a different version.

Our Slovak goulash (GULAS) has much, much, much more onion and has to be cooked in a regular pot.

Also, we do not use flour to make it thick but potatoes- we overcook half of them....they dissolve and make the goulash thick.

And lastly- the best goulash is from deer!

I think I’ll make one this week.....

I volunteer to eat.

I volunteer to drink with Park!

I volunteer to eat.

I volunteer to drink with Park!

Someone better bring a camera. I can almost smell the regret right now.

From my Supreme Commander:

Well, that goulash looked very tasty....it is a different version.

Our Slovak goulash (GULAS) has much, much, much more onion and has to be cooked in a regular pot.

Also, we do not use flour to make it thick but potatoes- we overcook half of them....they dissolve and make the goulash thick.

And lastly- the best goulash is from deer!

I think I’ll make one this week.....

That sounds really, really good. I like the idea of using potatoes for thickening. And venison is always good!

I looked for the recipe on YouTube, and was excited to find this...

and dozens of different varieties of Gulas...

LINK

Vinski gulas seems very popular...