• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

I <3 Snow Crash....can never seem to hold on to it, though. I keep loaning my copy out and loosing it.

trooper convinced me to read Cryptonomicon. I did & holy jeebus I couldn't believe what I had just read. So I read the 3000 page Baroque Cycle & just couldn't believe what I had just read. Madness! So I read Anathem & was going insane, unable to believe what I had just read. Genius! & so I started at Stephenson's beginning & read Snow Crash last week & now I know where he developed his wide range of interests & still can't believe the 5K - 6K pages I've read by him. I just can't believe how good it all was.

Neal Stephenson is my life hero.

This guy is at the top of my "to read" list currently.

Vaughn & I have never met. When we do meet, he's entitled to one night of free drinking on me, as he knows. If he tells me to beat it, that he's going to the bars without me ('hit the road Tupenny. You friggin nutsac!'), then I'll probably just hand him my AMEX & ask him to leave it with the last bartender to open a tab for him & that I'll just cancel the card in the am. He'll have no worries.

You must have been drunk when you wrote that, you still have yet to read the Foundation Trilogy (the original) by Isaac Asimov. Trust me, you'll love it :sumo:

I <3 Snow Crash....can never seem to hold on to it, though. I keep loaning my copy out and loosing it.

trooper convinced me to read Cryptonomicon. I did & holy jeebus I couldn't believe what I had just read. So I read the 3000 page Baroque Cycle & just couldn't believe what I had just read. Madness! So I read Anathem & was going insane, unable to believe what I had just read. Genius! & so I started at Stephenson's beginning & read Snow Crash last week & now I know where he developed his wide range of interests & still can't believe the 5K - 6K pages I've read by him. I just can't believe how good it all was.

Vaughn & I have never met. When we do meet, he's entitled to one night of free drinking on me, as he knows. If he tells me to beat it, that he's going to the bars without me ('hit the road Tupenny. You friggin nutsac!'), then I'll probably just hand him my AMEX & ask him to leave it with the last bartender to open a tab for him & that I'll just cancel the card in the am. He'll have no worries.

You must have been drunk when you wrote that, you still have yet to read the Foundation Trilogy (the original) by Isaac Asimov. Trust me, you'll love it :sumo:

No way bro. I read them all after our conversation. About 7 or so. The originals are great. The rest were kinda terrible.

No way bro. I read them all after our conversation. About 7 or so. The originals are great. The rest were kinda terrible.

ya, didn't care for the others either. Did you read Edward Ruthorford's "Sarum"? That was another great book. I just finished his "New York" and thought it was pretty good, but not awesome.

:cry:

:cry::cry:

I'll start another one as soon as I can think of a name.

My apologies for the roll I played in the fiasco, Dover. I didn't think it was any more political than a few hundred other exchanges in the thread. I guess I was wrong.

:cry:

:cry::cry:

I'll start another one as soon as I can think of a name.

My apologies for the roll I played in the fiasco, Dover. I didn't think it was any more political than a few hundred other exchanges in the thread. I guess I was wrong.

No hard feelings, I enjoyed your input. I have obviously skirted the arena for quite some time. The silence from our over seer will only leave us to ponder.

Or he just hates the abuse of Neil?

Home away from home:

It is amazing how much money one can save if able to work on simple electrical circuits. Saved $359.00 by replacing the capacitor on the downstairs air conditioning.

$10.00 part!!

:whee: