• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gentlemen, start your presses!

39 posts in this topic

I love how people think they can repeat some of the deep-pocketed "GOTTA GOTTA HAVE IT RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW!" insanity we've seen the last few months. I expect many museum listings like this until people realize that the number of millionaire buyers is rather limited. :screwy:

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=28422

Oddly, the Census does show some bizarrely-distributed rarity on this issue, with 4 issues in 9.8 and 6 in 9.6. I expect the 9.6 population to boom following sales like this as I doubt this issue is that uncommon.

i don't think i'd want a book that's got "the red inks literally drip(ping) off the cover." that can't be good for the resub.

you'd think a lawyer would understand what "literally" means. oh, wait, webster's.com has the following in definition two;

Instead, the use is pure hyperbole intended to gain emphasis, but it often appears in contexts where no additional emphasis is necessary.

yeah, that sounds about right for a Pedigree listing

you'd think a lawyer would understand what "literally" means.

Does he write those descriptions? When I've listed books there I wrote my descriptions and they went up unedited.

hell, i dunno. they seem to be pretty uniformly hyperbolic to me. i suppose that could be a necessary function of the price points that site shoots for at the far and of the parabola

Newsflash - Every pedigree book is a higher grade in a lower grade holder.

Buy it for your head! Frankly I never understood Doug's love of this phrase when attempting to sell me books. Tee shirts coming!

If the flavor Cherry Garcia wasn't already taken I could have seen Doug naming his company Cherry Garcia Collectibles.

One cup of coffee already in me :) on this overcast Wednesday morning.

i don't think i'd want a book that's got "the red inks literally drip(ping) off the cover." that can't be good for the resub.

you'd think a lawyer would understand what "literally" means. oh, wait, webster's.com has the following in definition two;

Instead, the use is pure hyperbole intended to gain emphasis, but it often appears in contexts where no additional emphasis is necessary.

yeah, that sounds about right for a Pedigree listing

Oh come on, Marc. I think Doug is one of the better listing writers in the biz.

So what do you think I could get for a sweet 9.4 copy with OW-W? hm

I'm kind of curious myself. I too have a 9.4 OW/W.

I believe a 9.4 sold for over $2500 on CL a few months ago. I would have to check my records.

Let me know, would you? :foryou:

I'll check when I get home from work. From memory, I have recorded at least 1 9.4 sale, 2 9.6, and 1 9.8.

No need to start the presses...

I think it's a safe bet that any high profile book on Pedigree that has pressing potential, will already be fully potentialized.

:grin:

Actually, I took the thread title to imply everyone should check their 9.2 or 9.4 copies and see if they could be pressed to 9.6s since they are selling for such astronomical amounts.