• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another record FF sale...

20 posts in this topic

#25 is almost always poorly cut...either the Marvel logo on the left wraps to the back or the comics code symbol is cut off on the right. Further, the right edge almost always angles like a backslash ( \ ) as do many other Marvel issues from the same month. The graphics were packed too tight that month, and the printers obviously slightly hosed up a bunch of copies.

The FF #14 went for a decent price! Was surprised it didn't go for more since that was the first 9.0 copy to hit ebay in over a year.

anybody see the FF Annual 1 CGC 9.2 WHITE pages up for auction with a BIN from motocitycomics?

Decent price...but those first two annuals haven't really benefitted from the increased demand for FFs as of late. There are a couple of nice # 1s on the market, and you can take your pick.

FF Annual 1 in CGC 9.0/9.2 doesn't sell as well as most other early FFs. Since there have been at least 10 or so copies available over the last few years, I'm wondering whether it means that there are only a dozen or so FF collectors willing to pay $1000 or more for them and those guys already have their Annual 1. confused-smiley-013.gif

You get your 9.6 14 yet?

If so, LMK if you've been able to find a reason why Josh didn't buy it himself. Inquiring(and slightly jealous) minds want to know!

(Of all the pre-20 9.6's that could have surfaced, it's the Subby butt cover that shows up. foreheadslap.gif)

Not yet, you have to wait for the consigner to mail to Josh, for your check to clear, and for Josh to mail it out to you--2 weeks minimum usually. As for why he didn't buy it himself--since people are telling me that their books pop straight up for public viewing on ComicLink by using Josh's new web site software, it could very well be that I saw it before he did. confused-smiley-013.gif

That could definately be the reason. On his old website, he would've had first shot. Now it's whoever sits around to watch for new books smile.gif

However, that one was up for at least a day. So maybe he just didn't want it?

Brian

I bid on it a few hours after it was listed, although it did take over a day for it to say "sale pending." I still feel my hypothesis is viable that consigned books not in Josh's possession have to wait for the consigner's approval before they go through because they could already have sold it to someone else. I did that once on Josh's old site--I saw a book go up that I recognized and knew who listed it, so I bought it directly from the consigner the day after it went up.

Perhaps I really shouldn't be so surprised anymore, but its a weak 9.2 (look at the rear cover/top of spine) with a poor cut.

Still, it shattered what most other 9.2s had been going for.

FF 25 CGC 9.2 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I ALMOST went for this one, but for $1600+ I want OW/W or White pages. However #25 is one of the best/the best FF covers ever, IMO. Great story too!

Timely

Did you bid on it or did you "buy" it? I recall there were at least 3 bids on it before you actually bought it.

And yes, you do have to confirm before it can go sale pending. That's how it worked when I sold my books.

Brian

there are oodles of 9.0 or better ff ann 1's, ann2 is a lot tougher in 9.2 up and is undervalued IMHO- first origin of dr doom and classic doom cover

a 9.4 sold on ebay in 2002 for $1900 i think and it had small pen writing on the FC

What's the going rate for an 9.4 white page copy of FF Ann #2 in January 2004. I picked up a really high grade copy of one when I had bought a couple of GA books from a dealer back in the latter part of the 80's. He was nice enough to toss it in as a freebie for my order. grin.gif

Guess I better start looking around in my collection to see where I put the book! 893frustrated.gif