• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Are there any Valdosta State University football fans here?

2 posts in this topic

Okay the reason for my question here is not because I am a fan of the team or anything. I actually don't watch any US football. I actually follow the Canadian Football League and specifically the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

The reason I ask is that right now we have one of your former head coaches, Mike Kelly, and, IMO, he has essentially destroyed the team. We now have the worst offense in the league and are mire in the basement of our Division in the standings.

I can't stand Kelly and I was wondering if any one here was following Valdosta back when Kelly was coaching and can reflect upon those years for me. Was he a cocky, arrogant, PR nightmare too or not? My understanding is that in his term there Valdosta had its worst offense in the last 16 years. Did he really get canned for yelling at the Athletic coordinator and fans after one game?

Anyway, I would love to hear anyone's reflection on those years (I believe he started in 1997 and was fired in either 1999 or 2000). Thanks in advance.