• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grades in, Books will be at NY show

49 posts in this topic

Books haven't been priced yet

My dearest Robert,

that's ok. I will email you a list of books that I am looking for and what I will pay....then, when you agree, I will taunt you with O'Malley-isms until you lower the price....I can't make any money unless you do so...and that's what it's all about isn't it ?

love, George

xoxxox

bob is a tough negotiator. but like anything u get what u pay for. he gets the killer books and if you want em, you pay for em. same as most people trying to make $ on their books. det #402? makepoint.gif

bob is a tough negotiator. but like anything u get what u pay for. he gets the killer books and if you want em, you pay for em. same as most people trying to make $ on their books. det #402? makepoint.gif

problem with you is you want what you DON'T pay for ! - you want and expect people to "cut you a break " - so you can turn it around for a profit...and then 893blahblah.gif about how people over pay for books....see, most of us look for books and you only look for deals ! - if you want to be a dealer so bad, then why don't you open a business, file the appropiate tax forms, etc....act like you have a pair for once in your life !

27_laughing.gif i don't understand that if a person wants to negotiate a good price, that makes them somehow a bad person (people here do it to me all the time, sometimes it works, sometimes no)....do you think dealers pay the asking price of sellers? Or all buyers pay the asking price of dealers? Isn't that the definition of the word "dealer?"

If the seller does not want to sell a book for "my" price, that is his/her right. But if they agree to a price and I have a buyer for that book or books and can make a few $$ on it, what is wrong with that?

doesn't bob buy collections in order to sell them for a profit? Now granted, I am only dealing in small scale sales and not turning $5K on a ASM #1, etc.....but the same principals of business apply. And before the "you are not a collector, you are a dealer" argument starts....I have been collecting for many years and buying/selling as a collector for over 15 (ask ted). How am i any different from other people on these boards? Is it because I try to maximize my $$? Or that I cut deals to those that have been good to me in the past? I have dealt with several board memebers here....I alwasy pay and they get their books. I don't think I will get too many complaints. And if I do, who cares? sign-rantpost.gif

Gman, don't take this the wrong way. But sometimes your offers are insulting. Some of them are low enough that it makes one think that you believe the person you're dealing with is some kind of imbecile. If someone showed up with a Ferrari and just told you they JUST bought this brad new Ferrari. Only for you to say, I'll give you 50,000 for it. Most people would be insulted.

Brian

Gman, don't take this the wrong way. But sometimes your offers are insulting. Some of them are low enough that it makes one think that you believe the person you're dealing with is some kind of imbecile. If someone showed up with a Ferrari and just told you they JUST bought this brad new Ferrari. Only for you to say, I'll give you 50,000 for it. Most people would be insulted.

Brian

First of all, who gives a rat's arse if he "takes it the wrong way" ?! - Second, while I have NO problem with someone making a few dollars on a sale if they hit with a book that is important to someone and the opportunity arises. I have bought books for a preminum when i know what someone paid for it....that's not my gripe. But it's the way that you practice. If a board member is looking for or bidding on some particular title or issue , and you have no interest in the book prior to hearing/seeing this, than all of a sudden you have the above mentioned books...you're not interested untill someone else is...that's sneaky and one of the problems that i have...no one died and made George O'Malley seeker of books in demand ! - You're only looking in what amounts to YOUR BEST INTEREST to the point that it makes me sick ! tongue.gif

And you pull this "oh, i am just trying to make a few $$ - what's wrong with that ?"

innocence that is passive aggressive ! mad.gif

You're no better than Danny Dupcek....different, yes...but still as spineless and sneaky....I have countless examples of this , so don't even pull " what proof ?"

cause if you do, I will throw the examples on here for the members to decide...

Amazing Spidey's from 110 up, no punisher issues, Kirby DC's Demon, New Gods, Forever People, Kamandi etc, long run of Conans, Nice Daredevils from 108 up, Superboy's, Supergirls, Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane, Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen, Actions, Wonder Woman's and even the hottest of titles - Shazam!
Are the DCs listed on your website? Are any of them being graded? I'm looking for some 100 page giants! You have any currently for sale or are they being graded?

This is just an observation but I have tried to make a deal with Gman many many times. He has been very polite and he is honest about what he wants but his deals have been so lopsided that they never came through. He asks $350 more on a book he just bought and over paid for and when I offer him $400+ more than he paid in a very lopsided trade in his favor he says no. That is of course his right but if he's out to make money I don't understand his bussiness practice. Overpaying and bumping up the price to what someone will never pay doesn't sell many books.

eh don't worry though I still love you Gman flowerred.gif

Eric

Amazing Spidey's from 110 up, no punisher issues, Kirby DC's Demon, New Gods, Forever People, Kamandi etc, long run of Conans, Nice Daredevils from 108 up, Superboy's, Supergirls, Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane, Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen, Actions, Wonder Woman's and even the hottest of titles - Shazam!
Are the DCs listed on your website? Are any of them being graded? I'm looking for some 100 page giants! You have any currently for sale or are they being graded?
sign-offtopic.gifpopcorn.gif

This is just an observation but I have tried to make a deal with Gman many many times. He has been very polite and he is honest about what he wants but his deals have been so lopsided that they never came through. He asks $350 more on a book he just bought and over paid for and when I offer him $400+ more than he paid in a very lopsided trade in his favor he says no. That is of course his right but if he's out to make money I don't understand his bussiness practice. Overpaying and bumping up the price to what someone will never pay doesn't sell many books.

eh don't worry though I still love you Gman flowerred.gif

Eric

you must be referring to the FF #36 that i "overpaid" for.....I never once received a counter offer from you but am open to at least discussing it.

And I received several PMs on that book saying " I wish i had gotten the chance to grab it or "nice pick up." SO if you are saying i "iverpaid" 4 it, what did all the other board memebers do with bob's FFs? They overpay too or just me? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brian

and what have you offered up for sale lately? i don't recall any offers made to you recently. And I have gotten a few ? offers from you but that is your right to offer whatever u like. I don't [!@#%^&^] about it. How's that asm #1 cgc 9.0 doing btw? How about puttin it on the registry? I know i know, you don't have the serial #. And the bank is in Zurich..... makepoint.gif

Brian

First of all, who gives a rat's arse if he "takes it the wrong way" ?! - Second, while I have NO problem with someone making a few dollars on a sale if they hit with a book that is important to someone and the opportunity arises. I have bought books for a preminum when i know what someone paid for it....that's not my gripe. But it's the way that you practice. If a board member is looking for or bidding on some particular title or issue , and you have no interest in the book prior to hearing/seeing this, than all of a sudden you have the above mentioned books...you're not interested untill someone else is...that's sneaky and one of the problems that i have...no one died and made George O'Malley seeker of books in demand ! - You're only looking in what amounts to YOUR BEST INTEREST to the point that it makes me sick ! tongue.gif

And you pull this "oh, i am just trying to make a few $$ - what's wrong with that ?"

innocence that is passive aggressive ! mad.gif

You're no better than Danny Dupcek....different, yes...but still as spineless and sneaky....I have countless examples of this , so don't even pull " what proof ?"

cause if you do, I will throw the examples on here for the members to decide...

oh so now i am selling books and such that are altered or restored? Of course this is not true but u can believe what u want....And guys send me want lists or books that they are looking for all the time, so I keep an eye out for it. And if i find it at a good price and can sell it for a few $$, what is wrong with that? Just because I make a few bucks at a side hobby, why is that so bad? I don't find that sneaky at all. Haven't u ever sent a lsit of books you are after to say ted or motorcity, etc and they don't have it but in after a few weeks, they find it and offer it to you for sale? Do you think they are selling it to you for less than what they paid for it? That is how you sell books, not everyone else.

toss out all you want....doesn't bother me in the least.

I am still bagging and boarding this list of titles. What happens when people ask for titles is the barrage of emails asking what issues? Can I buy this before you get it graded?

I am still working on it, there are issues being graded (2 month wait) and when they are done I will post them on the website. I appreciate all of the emails.

What happens when people ask for titles is the barrage of emails asking what issues? Can I buy this before you get it graded?

Just give 'em your prices at multipl guide based on the estimated CGC potential like the rest of the world does smile.giftongue.gif

Wouldn't work.

Based on the last batch the highest I graded any of the books was NM+, 10+ 9.8's and I guess I can't grade a NM/MT. It's very tough to put a NM/MT grade on a book without initiating a long, tiring and waste of time argument over why it's not.

bob