• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ADAM HUGHES commission prices have gone up!

66 posts in this topic

Yeah - I think they were mostly on the 500 - 700 with the two page spreads being like 1500. The Barb Wire, Fairest, and Betty/Veronica covers were in the 6000 range I believe. I could be wrong though because I'm not really that into the Archie world that I considered buying them.

I went there early on Thursday and I think only like 1 or 2 pages sold before I got there. The next day most were gone.

Yeah - I think they were mostly on the 500 - 700 with the two page spreads being like 1500. The Barb Wire, Fairest, and Betty/Veronica covers were in the 6000 range I believe. I could be wrong though because I'm not really that into the Archie world that I considered buying them.

I went there early on Thursday and I think only like 1 or 2 pages sold before I got there. The next day most were gone.

This is good to know. Thanks for sharing. $500-$700 sounds like a deal for a published page compared to a single-figure commission, especially if you scored a nice Betty & Veronica panel. But for a budget collector, that price is still a bit high.

Allison and Adam priced the Archie pages based on content-obviously those featuring Betty and Veronica went higher- and the low end was 300 but the higher end went higher than 700. A couple of those higher end pages didn't make it to SD or NYC because they stayed here in Atlanta....

I thought they were well priced. No, Archie isn't Marvel or DC, but I think the characters are pretty iconic and Adam is writing, pencilling, inking, lettering and coloring the whole book-so you don't get much more pure than that. The art is on thin paper and that is the only thing I was concerned about, but I can say that they frame up well and they are all on 13x19 paper rather than typical modern 11x17 for those who think size matters