• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HTF GA Books + Cerebus #2 Big Discounts!!!

45 posts in this topic

Here is a cool piece of OA

This is the original cover to Air Fighters Classics #1.

It is a comic put out by Eclipse in 1988 that reprinted one of the most infamous covers of the Golden Age.

Since the original, if it did still exist, would run $10K+ easy, this is about as close as you're going to come to a published image.

$250 $225

airfightersOAresize.jpg

Here is a scan of the actual comic.

airfightersclassiccomic.jpg

Where's that 1st Woody Woodpecker?

:D

1st book listed.

Drat.

I was expecting a cover appearance. :sorry:

Woody's first cover appearance. You first get Woody as a cricle head first in issue 87 and then as a character in issue 103 September 1945. Then Four Color 169 is really #1 with a pretty good Woody cover. Somewhat comparable to Richie Rich with Little Dot 1 6 and then Richie Rich issue 1 (along with Harvey Hits 3 and 7).

You have to figure New Funnies 103 is a bit under rated as a cartoon book. Not that Woody Woodpecker is anywhere near as popular as RIchie Rich but still a well known character across generations. Pretty rare book in its own right but that Funnies 64 is something special - my old under copy.

Ed

Where's that 1st Woody Woodpecker?

:D

1st book listed.

Drat.

I was expecting a cover appearance. :sorry:

Woody's first cover appearance. You first get Woody as a cricle head first in issue 87 and then as a character in issue 103 September 1945. Then Four Color 169 is really #1 with a pretty good Woody cover. Somewhat comparable to Richie Rich with Little Dot 1 6 and then Richie Rich issue 1 (along with Harvey Hits 3 and 7).

You have to figure New Funnies 103 is a bit under rated as a cartoon book. Not that Woody Woodpecker is anywhere near as popular as RIchie Rich but still a well known character across generations. Pretty rare book in its own right but that Funnies 64 is something special - my old under copy.

Ed

Yeah I don't really even want to let it go but it may have to in order to fund another purchase. :(

Funnies #64 $200

Fair with CROW pages

Woody Woodpecker first appearance!

Classic Flag/Patriotic WWII cover

First funny animal format.

Early Andy Panda with humans storyline.

Final Funnies issue

Very Rare Book. Gerber 7 but I feel it should be more like an 8.

This comic is basically unavailable at anywhere close to a reasonable price. Harley Yee has a G/VG for $1200 on Ebay.

Tape on the spine and two edges. Complete with secure staple. If not for the tape the cover would be loose.

funnies64front.jpg

funnies64back.jpg

What a neat book! Must....fight.....the...urge..... :pullhair:

Funnies #64 $200

Fair with CROW pages

Final Funnies issue

This comic is basically unavailable at anywhere close to a reasonable price. Harley Yee has a G/VG for $1200 on Ebay.

Tape on the spine and two edges. Complete with secure staple. If not for the tape the cover would be loose.

funnies64front.jpg

funnies64back.jpg

:takeit: per pm - Kenny and Matt will be getting this one shortly (thumbs u Thanks Tim!!!

Funnies #64 $200

Fair with CROW pages

Final Funnies issue

funnies64front.jpg

funnies64back.jpg

:takeit: per pm - Kenny and Matt will be getting this one shortly (thumbs u Thanks Tim!!!

whew!!!!! Thanks for taking that off the table!! Nice pick up!! :golfclap: