• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got back from seeing District 9...

123 posts in this topic

I lked it too..I wouldn't say the best sci-fi, since Star Trek had no match..I say top two though..it was a hit or miss with a lot of folks. Some people hated the ending, I thought it was pimp.. "I'll be back in 3 years"...

Dang Loyd!!! Your a wee bit behind in the Flick watchin department!! ;)

I do agree though, one of the best movies I have seen in recent years!

There was another thread on this in Water Cooler I believe. (thumbs u

Yeah man, I liked the ending too...

BUT, I thought hitting Christopher and flying the plane and running away when he was in the IronMan-like suit scenes were a bit pointless!

I didn't think those two scenes did anything to the movie.

I lked it too..I wouldn't say the best sci-fi, since Star Trek had no match..I say top two though..it was a hit or miss with a lot of folks. Some people hated the ending, I thought it was pimp.. "I'll be back in 3 years"...

Ounch Bronzilla! I'm not behind, just patient, haha :P

Guys... Don't shoot me, but I didn't end up seeing the Star Wars film, so I wouldn't know how that was - Please don't shoot me.

You are hereby sentenced to 1000 lashes for confusing Star Trek with Star Wars.

I thought the acting was absolutely horrible.

The story had potential, and while it took a long time to get interesting, it did get better.

I thought it fell way short of *good*, however.

Oh yeah, I thought the acting was absolutely horrible.

I do have to agree, but I felt it was intentional, I felt it was supposed to be sort of stupid and stiff. Maybe I'm wrong...

The story had potential, and while it took a long time to get interesting, it did get better.

! Typo.

*Edits and runs*

Ounch Bronzilla! I'm not behind, just patient, haha :P

Guys... Don't shoot me, but I didn't end up seeing the Star Wars film, so I wouldn't know how that was - Please don't shoot me.

You are hereby sentenced to 1000 lashes for confusing Star Trek with Star Wars.

I do have to agree, but I felt it was intentional, I felt it was supposed to be sort of stupid and stiff. Maybe I'm wrong...

I think I'd question the choices of some of the characters moreso than I would judge the acting.

I saw the trailer for the Avatar, and don't know much about it but, it seemed like some army type deal was doing an "Iwo-Jima" number from battleships and there were hundreds of foot soldiers ready to blast a guy with a stick..any one know the premise of the lil' dude..

I sort of liked the main actor (I heard this was his first major film) :banana:

I think I'd question the choices of some of the characters moreso than I would judge the acting.

"There was another thread on this in Water Cooler I believe.", bronzilla, you're probably right - I haven't spent much time in the Water Cooler section - I don't know how many people felt this when they were new on here (not that i'm THAT new anymore), but I feel there's a lot of rooms on the forum, and I get lost and confused sometimes, lol. Sorry if it has been posted before though!!

:acclaim:

"There was another thread on this in Water Cooler I believe.", bronzilla, you're probably right - I haven't spent much time in the Water Cooler section - I don't know how many people felt this when they were new on here (not that i'm THAT new anymore), but I feel there's a lot of rooms on the forum, and I get lost and confused sometimes, lol. Sorry if it has been posted before though!!

No worries Man! I wasnt trying to give you a hard time!! Im glad you liked it!

Dont go over to the Water Cooler if you dont need to, it can be depressing sometimes.. :kidaround:

I agree with you on Avatar, that one looks like a blast! I am a fan of James Cameron films, ever see the Abyss??

Nah man, I never did see the Abys, I remember seeing the trailer - That's one that slipped away. Worth a watch bro? I love Sci-Fi's!

No worries Man! I wasnt trying to give you a hard time!! Im glad you liked it!

Dont go over to the Water Cooler if you dont need to, it can be depressing sometimes.. :kidaround:

I agree with you on Avatar, that one looks like a blast! I am a fan of James Cameron films, ever see the Abyss??

District 9 was so well done as far as the special effects are concerned that when I walked out of the theater I expected to see an alien pop it's head around the corner at any time.

It's the first time that has ever happened to me.

Most movies, even the best ones, you can see the blurred line between reality and computer generated graphics...this movie was seamless. For me it was the best special effects I have ever seen in a movie and I consider it a landmark movie for that reason. It really did take things to another level in that regard.