• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the top ten modern keys if we started a portfolio?

115 posts in this topic

How long ago did I post that list? lol

It does seem I hit a few nails there. ;) I also have a few....maybe more than a few Hack

Slash 9.8's coming back so innate to agree.

And 2 years later this is post #4,000

Well I posted that list over 2 years ago and if anyone spent $1k on the top 5 they could be looking at $5k or more right now depending on the mix. Not too bad as my 1st attempt. Other then Messiah I still pick them as winners. :)

Messiah is just a slow burn. ;)

Also funny to read that post and remember the PM's of people asking me what the 1st appearance of Goon was.

I wonder how many sellers can thank me for the sudden quick sales of Dreamwalker. :)

Well I posted that list over 2 years ago and if anyone spent $1k on the top 5 they could be looking at $5k or more right now depending on the mix.

As long as all they bought out of that top 5 was Walking Dead and Chew. :P

NYX, and wolverine origins 10 are both on the incline. I counted wrong so top 6 where invincible is still going strong. Maybe a look at GPA. hm

Out of those three, the only one on an "incline" over 2009 prices is Nyx #3. And not nearly sharply enough to make up a substantial amount of your hypothetical $4K profit.

Just take credit for Walking Dead and Chew being good calls and leave it at that. :baiting:

OK, so starting NOW, October 2011, what are the top 10 modern picks to hold for 2 years?

I still think Walking Dead has upward potential because I can see the TV series lasting at least that long. I think as a character Miles Morales is going to go places, but the print runs for USM 160, UF 4 and UCSM 1 were too large. Is there a Miles play with a variant?

OK, so starting NOW, October 2011, what are the top 10 modern picks to hold for 2 years?

I still think Walking Dead has upward potential because I can see the TV series lasting at least that long. I think as a character Miles Morales is going to go places, but the print runs for USM 160, UF 4 and UCSM 1 were too large. Is there a Miles play with a variant?

Man just 2 years is tough.

How about Walking Dead 19? It has risen lately, but should get a good bump soon.

Along that way Walking Dead 27 is going to see a rise soon as well.

Here is one that might surprise depending on if Johnny Deep's production company does produce a movie or not. The Vault

JJ was big on a horror book here lately that I didnt care for, but I cant remember the name. Slasher or something like that. Severed was the name.

Hack Slash 1 Solo Book - See a few pages back

Wolverine Origins 10 - Still like it overall long term

Batman Adventures 12 - If you can find it cheap. She is back in the spotlight in Suicide Squad.

Morning Glories 1 - I still like while its value has come down because you just dont see a book like this come along much. Its well written and well drawn and EVERY issue leaves you more confused. lol

Here is one that might surprise depending on if Johnny Deep's production company does produce a movie or not. The Vault

Ahh... forgot about that one!

I picked up 2 of #1, I have #2 and I picked up an early release of #3 at NYCC plus a special 200 print run of a NYCC edition of Vault 3.

I talked to the guys at image who were promoting it, and they confirmed the Depp movie. In fact, they snickered when I asked them about the "rumor" saying "it's not a rumor"

I asked if they plan to make an ongoing Vault series and they said they're trying to make that happen. I still haven't read my copies yet, but according to them the way it ends doesn't allow for a continuance. BUT, they said the story would involve the world left behind by events that take place in the Vault.

Ahh... forgot about that one!

I picked up 2 of #1, I have #2 and I picked up an early release of #3 at NYCC plus a special 200 print run of a NYCC edition of Vault 3.

I talked to the guys at image who were promoting it, and they confirmed the Depp movie. In fact, they snickered when I asked them about the "rumor" saying "it's not a rumor"

I asked if they plan to make an ongoing Vault series and they said they're trying to make that happen. I still haven't read my copies yet, but according to them the way it ends doesn't allow for a continuance. BUT, they said the story would involve the world left behind by events that take place in the Vault.

The editor explained to me that more creatures apparently similiar to The Vault would start appearing in the story if they continue it. I dont see how they wont it was pretty successful.

If you have any extra copies of the NYCC edition of 3 and want to sell let me know Id like a copy.