• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM FF #1, possible restored?

38 posts in this topic

This guy's a crook! Here's another post link...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2734753&fpart=1

And here's the post I posted...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3441593#Post3441593

And here's the latest book purchased by aram321...look for this to show up by lexerific or makemeanofferandwin unrestored 6.5 or so...BIG BUCKS! :sumo:

aram321.jpg

hey guys, I've bought from him before and I returned a book back to him with no problems, so I was hoping to give him a second chance, but that failed. Lucky, he messaged me that he would give a full return once he gets it back, I already filed a paypal complaint to insure I get the money back.

whatever you do, DON'T leave positive feedback even though he's going to accept the return. leave feedback that will let other buyers know about the undisclosed restoration. 2c

hey guys, I've bought from him before and I returned a book back to him with no problems, so I was hoping to give him a second chance, but that failed. Lucky, he messaged me that he would give a full return once he gets it back, I already filed a paypal complaint to insure I get the money back.

whatever you do, DON'T leave positive feedback even though he's going to accept the return. leave feedback that will let other buyers know about the undisclosed restoration. 2c

+1

+1

:sumo:

+1

:sumo:

After you have the money back :gossip:

This guy's a crook! Here's another post link...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2734753&fpart=1

And here's the post I posted...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3441593#Post3441593

And here's the latest book purchased by aram321...look for this to show up by lexerific or makemeanofferandwin unrestored 6.5 or so...BIG BUCKS! :sumo:

aram321.jpg

Tom is correct. This guy buys CGC restored books and cracks them out and resells as unrestored and/or at a higher grade. Deliberate and dishonest.

Folks, before buying a valuable book from Ebay please use the boards search function.

By the way, I believe this guy has deliberately copied Robojo's auction methodology. He uses a camera to shoot angled pictures, sells restored books as unrestored and is quick to refund to those that spot the restoration or overgrading. He works on the "quick refund for those that spot the deception in exchange for positive feedback" technique.

By the way, I believe this guy has deliberately copied Robojo's auction methodology. He uses a camera to shoot angled pictures, sells restored books as unrestored and is quick to refund to those that spot the restoration or overgrading. He works on the "quick refund for those that spot the deception in exchange for positive feedback" technique.

You could be right, but he'll never be another robojo. I doubt seriously he has the endless supply of books and the resto ability. Also, I doubt if robo is working alone. He's quite clever.

DRX

I can tell from those scans based on my experiments that cover has been bleached and CT'ed for sure. Looking at the mending paper on spine it is as amatuer as it could get. Trimming is such a big no no I can't believe that was done. Even I could do better and thats not saying much for the butcher job it got. :insane:

Make sure you neg him and referance his other alias'. Do your part to warn as many uneducated ebayer's as you can.

Ebay should open a Probation Corner! lol

Before you neg him, block his other aliases. He will buy something from you and leave a retaliatory neg five minutes later. Lexerific and buyerz_market are his other accounts.

You could be right, but he'll never be another robojo. I doubt seriously he has the endless supply of books and the resto ability. Also, I doubt if robo is working alone. He's quite clever.

DRX

I suspect this guy is "early" Robojo. Robojo has better feedback and I think he is attempting to go legit. Based on his fairly good feedback and his reputation built on selling apparent high grade big $$ books I believe Robojo is selling many books on consignment.

This guy is ham fisted and obvious but I do believe he deliberately copied Robo's "selling system". I suspect he will soon have another account for selling

so that he can continue to buy, crack and resell restored overgraded books.

I cannot understand why anyone would buy a book from this guy without reading his feedback and after reading his feedback I cannot understand why anyone would send him a penny. Numerous complaints of undisclosed resto and overgrading. I just don't get it.

Make sure you neg him and referance his other alias'. Do your part to warn as many uneducated ebayer's as you can.

Ebay should open a Probation Corner! lol

Before you neg him, block his other aliases. He will buy something from you and leave a retaliatory neg five minutes later. Lexerific and buyerz_market are his other accounts.

don't forget aram321 :wishluck: