• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has Gene Simmons been working out lately?

65 posts in this topic

After hearing story after story about how "awesome" Kiss was live, I finally saw them a few years back. My girlfriend got tenth row seats and a backstage pass/tour for each of us. Simmons was backstage, greeted us, then claimed he "had to take a dump" and wandered off.

Bar none, hands down, the worst/most overrated show I have ever seen. I don't know what they were like in back in the day, but they sure blow now. I wanted my money back, even though it was free.

I saw them in '97 and again at the Super bowl in '99 and they rocked hard. But they were clearly older and getting sort of pudgy. I would imagine within the last couple of years it would have started to get kind of sad.

Bar none, hands down, the worst/most overrated show I have ever seen.

I saw KISS for the first time last night at the NYC Madison Square Garden show. I picked up a single nosebleed seat in the street for $15 (face value $39) just so I could say I saw them.

I can honestly say this was one of the GREATEST concerts I have ever seen. Definitely in the Top 5 of any show I have ever seen.

They played the entire set list from the original ALIVE album (except for 2 songs), plus a few others. With the exception of one song from the new album, and "Lick It Up" from 1983, the most recent song on the set list came from a 1977 album.

The stage show was spectacular, the best I have ever seen from any band, with giant video screens (which I needed given my cheap seat).

They displayed the energy of guys 25 years old, not 55 years old. I thought it was 1979, not 2009 out there.

They were FAR SUPERIOR than any "geezer" rock band I have ever seen such as The Stones, The Who, Steve Miller, Skynyrd, Mellencamp, Jethro Tull, ZZ Top, and the Van Halen re-union tour. They blew those other dinosaur acts away, there is no comparison.

If you get a chance to see them this fall of the 35th anniversary tour GO GO GO - it is money well spent.

Here is some cheap amateur youtube video below which does not do justice to the magnitude of the show, but it gives you an idea:

with Paul flying across the crowd to a 2nd stage

with Gene spitting blood and flying (at the 3 minute mark)

live from another show on the tour but the background stage effects on this song were stunning