• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You Just Can't Beat Royal Mail (An Ode To Scottish)

59 posts in this topic

I always accept the book in these circumstances and either pay the fee and then wait to get my money back, or if I'm lucky, take the unpaid invoice and get it cancelled. Still a pain in the backside, but at least that way you've got the books...

This is something I'll definitely be doing in the furture. Or better still asking whoever I buy from to mark the customs forms as comic books so it doesn't happen at all.

Getting my money back will be OK, but what gets my goat the most is my 8.5 copy of Batman #227 is floating around out there somewhere. And it probably isn't even an 8.5 anymore :cry:

:sorry:

It was me who told Gav not to pay the duty and accept the package. I've done so in the past and the utter ballsache of trying to get them to refund after the event drove me semi-psychotic.

When I started refusing the packages, I found it a lot easier to have the duty removed.

Obviously didn't work in this case. :(

It wasn't your fault by a country mile Nick. If Royal Mail can state quite clearly that their Special delivery service takes 13 days to deliver a package from Wednesfield to Mount Pleasant then the hit's on them.

It was sent on the 9th and signed for on the 22nd. No way they can argue that. The person I dealt with from RM at Mount Pleasant was the most obnoxious bloke I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. You know, I was giving him so much hassle wanting to know where the my $400 package was.

So, after patiently waiting for Royal Mail to get back to me about my claim, RMA lets me know by PM today that they've written to him, not me in regards to the claim.

Basically they will not be paying out on the books they've lost and I'm out $400. On top of other things happening lately I can't afford to absorb this kind of loss so will be forced to sell some of my favourite books. Royal Mail can so go suck it, this has really pissed me off.

003-7.jpg

I'd be very surprised if USPS pay out either Joe. Did RM send anything with the letter? I sent a whole heap of paperwork with my claim.

yeah, I have the whole claim right here, paperwork and all...

Including a SIGNED letter that i will be selling on eBay....ca-CHING!!!

doh!

So they take all of my documentation I could use in a small claims court and send it to America. My God, no wonder the postmen are striking.

doh!

So they take all of my documentation I could use in a small claims court and send it to America. My God, no wonder the postmen are striking.

No worries...they're in good hands...now if I can just find that insurance receipt...

;)

If you can claim that insurance I will swim over and polish yer boots.

Yeah RMA will try his hardest Gav..He is a nice guy you know!! oops I wasn't supposed to tell!

I know yeah, oops I wasn't supposed to tell either :eek:

lol yeah I guess I should before you tell everyone mine haha

BTW now that you explained I can see what the pic is it took me knowing it was a cat in the hat hat on a DOG to figure it out.

Seriously, your dogs look uber happy! Snausages ,begging strips in the stocking or what?

Gav,

Correct me if I'm wrong with this, but the book arrived safe and sound in this country via International, right? It then got sent internally via Special Delivery by the Royal Mail, right?

If that's the correct reading of the situation, then the person who sent it internally claims on the Special Delivery service. You don't claim, because you never used a postal service, RMA doesn't claim, because his service did what it says on the tin. The at Royal Mail who sent your book up to their duty department makes this claim on your behalf.

Gav,

Correct me if I'm wrong with this, but the book arrived safe and sound in this country via International, right? It then got sent internally via Special Delivery by the Royal Mail, right?

If that's the correct reading of the situation, then the person who sent it internally claims on the Special Delivery service. You don't claim, because you never used a postal service, RMA doesn't claim, because his service did what it says on the tin. The at Royal Mail who sent your book up to their duty department makes this claim on your behalf.

I've spoken to RM this morning, and according to them the internal Special Delivery part of the fiasco is void as the contents of the package were never, or never will be the RM employee's property.

So, the claim must be initiated by RMA through USPS, who will in turn claim from RM and then pay out. So I'm told. The guy on the phone said it was an awkward situation and a long winded way of going about it. I told him it was more awkward when there is a £244 size hole in your pocket. I made him give me a reference number and asked where I could escalate it if the claim with USPS proved fruitless.

I'm definitely not letting this go.