• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: High grade Gold, Silver, Bronze sale. Some REALLY nice books...check it out

82 posts in this topic

Hey gang,

This is going to be the first installment of what will be the biggest sales thread I've ever had on these Boards. Over the next six weeks, I plan to put up about 100 really nice high grade Silver, Gold, and Bronze books. There is a little for everyone; affordable 9.0s and 9.2s for the budget conscious, alongside super nice 9.4s and 9.6s for the uber collectors.

Many of the books were submitted by me...some come from my summer visits to Charlotte and Chicago, others come from various recent purchases, and some others come from within my own collection. Tonight is going to bring a mix of 20 real nice Silver and Bronze Age books. I plan on doing an "Avengers" night, as well as a Pictureframe session at some point in the future. So keep checking back. I also will be offering incentives and doing freebie giveaways here and there.

Here are the guidelines for the thread:

- Prices are firm unless you plan on buying 3 or more books. Normally, I am happy to entertain offers, but recently, the offers have been a bit lackluster to say the least. So I'm just going to put a reasonable price out there and hope for the best.

- Books will be available from Friday evening through Sunday at 6pm EST, at which time they will be moving to my new eBay store. I think 48 hours is sufficient exposure for the books.

- Forms of payment accepted will be: Money Orders, Checks, and Paypal. I will not tack on a 3% surcharge if you choose to use a credit card via Paypal. That's just the cost of doing business.

- Shipping for one book in the US will be $8 for Priority Mail shipping. 2-4 books will cost $12 with a Flat Rate box. Buy five books or more and I'll cover the cost of shipping. Insurance is required on any package of $200 or above and is $2 for the first $100, and $1 per each $100 worth of value beyond that. International Bidders please contact me first for a shipping quote (generally speaking it will be whatever the USPS website will quote me). I will offer Free Shipping at certain times and under certain conditions thoughout the thread.

- If I know a book has been pressed, I will disclose it.

- For those that don't have GPA, I will quote the 12-month average (if one exists) as well as the Last Sale price. I will not be selective in the info I provide.

- Time payments are available for deals of $500 and beyond. Please contact me via PM for details.

Thanks everyone for stopping in. Here's to hoping for a successful thread. :wishluck:

Tales of Suspense # 61 (CGC 9.2 OW/White pages) $450

12-Month GPA: NA

Last Sale: $300 (July 2008)

Carnival Barkering Comments: I bought this book from the Boards, and I believe the previous owner mentioned he had it professionally pressed. Well, so much for carnival barkering....okay, how about its a very nice book.

TOS61cgc92.jpg

Tales to Astonish # 70 (CGC 9.0 OW/White pages) $175

12-Month GPA: $123

Last Sale: $120

Carnival Barkering Comments: Anyone who says that old label books aren't any nicer then their equivalently graded contemporaries never saw this book. One of the few, truly undervalued SA Marvels in my opinion. This issue started Sub-Mariner's continuous run in TTA. Why exactly is Subby # 1 so much more valuable for a book that appeared three years later? Oh yeah, the # 1 in the upper corner....

TTA70cgc90.jpg