• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My latest cover recreation - Tomb of Dracula #16 painting

92 posts in this topic

i'd love to see it in comic art marketplace as that's all this is in every forum, a big sale.

For the record, I am not offering this for sale. I did this for another board member and thought that others might want to see it. Apparently, I was wrong. In order to fall in line with YOUR standards, I will refrain from posting anything in the Comics General forum unless it concerns Megan Fox and/or pressing.

My apologies,

Patrick

Hey he doesn't speak for everyone. And you are right you are NOT offering this piece for sale..so what is the big deal? Don't mind the folks with thier panties in a wad. Some of us like looking at your work.

Everyone else remember if you don't have something nice to say you don't have to look at this thread?

i'd love to see it in comic art marketplace as that's all this is in every forum, a big sale.

For the record, I am not offering this for sale. I did this for another board member and thought that others might want to see it. Apparently, I was wrong. In order to fall in line with YOUR standards, I will refrain from posting anything in the Comics General forum unless it concerns Megan Fox and/or pressing.

My apologies,

Patrick

Bag that, I'm happy to see it here.

My apologies,

Patrick

It’s not Pirate’s standards nor those of anyone else posting in this thread. It the BOARD POSTING GUIDELINES which your repeated posts violate. The point is not that you are not selling this particular piece, the point is that your posts are an attempt to drum up sales and do not belong in General.

It’s all very well and good that you make nice drawings, and many people here enjoy looking at them and are interested in buying them, but if everybody were to ignore the rules, we’d soon be dozens of pages deep in posts selling goods and services rather than reading posts discussing comics. Other Forumite artists have no difficulty posting in appropriate forums. Is there a reason you should receive preferential treatment?

Long time Forumite AjaxFarrell and his Comic Clocks used a similar posting style and was eventually moved by the mods to the appropriate sales forum. I’m sure that if you continue to post sales threads here, people are likely to complain to the mods about yours as well.

My apologies,

Patrick

It’s not Pirate’s standards nor those of anyone else posting in this thread. It the BOARD POSTING GUIDELINES which your repeated posts violate. The point is not that you are not selling this particular piece, the point is that your posts are an attempt to drum up sales and do not belong in General.

It’s all very well and good that you make nice drawings, and many people here enjoy looking at them and are interested in buying them, but if everybody were to ignore the rules, we’d soon be dozens of pages deep in posts selling goods and services rather than reading posts discussing comics. Other Forumite artists have no difficulty posting in appropriate forums. Is there a reason you should receive preferential treatment?

Long time Forumite AjaxFarrell and his Comic Clocks used a similar posting style and was eventually moved by the mods to the appropriate sales forum. I’m sure that if you continue to post sales threads here, people are likely to complain to the mods about yours as well.

So, if I just post the artwork without asking if anyone is interested in having me create any art for them, would that comply? Or can I not even post the artwork?

My apologies,

Patrick

So, if I just post the artwork without asking if anyone is interested in having me create any art for them, would that comply? Or can I not even post the artwork?

If you're selling OA (or offering up commissions), your thread belongs in the "Original Comic Art Marketplace" forum. Which you're obviously aware of, seeing that you've created threads there previously.

If you're merely showing off OA or commissions, your thread belongs in the "Original Comic Art" forum.

My apologies,

Patrick

If you're selling OA (or offering up commissions), your thread belongs in the "Original Comic Art Marketplace" forum. Which you're obviously aware of, seeing that you've created threads there previously.

If you're merely showing off OA or commissions, your thread belongs in the "Original Comic Art" forum.

My apologies to anyone who was offended; unfortunately, I cannot delete the original post at this time. It confuses me that I have been singled out for this since I have seen others who have posted artwork without getting slapped in response. Regardless, I can tell when I'm not wanted. I will no longer post any of my artwork in Comics General in any context whatsoever.