• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Person on eBay selling my recreated covers as genuine

41 posts in this topic

I have a situation that I don't know how to deal with.

A person whom I have sold several cover recreations has attached them to original interiors and is trying to pass them off as the real thing.

http://shop.ebay.com/clint2014/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

This was never my intention and really disappoints me - I sent him a note via ebay asking him to disclose but he has yet to respond.

This is exactly why some repro covers leave something out of the copy cover. A example would be leaving the CCA square out of the copy. Doesn't really affect the art/cover. But it sure alerts anyone that the cover is indeed not an original.

I am 100% going to do this going forward.

This is exactly why some repro covers leave something out of the copy cover. A example would be leaving the CCA square out of the copy. Doesn't really affect the art/cover. But it sure alerts anyone that the cover is indeed not an original.

I saw that one of the repro covers for FF1 actually took away a character (policeman).

Or, you could just add a small disclaimer to the back or inside cover, "Reproduction cover." It would be more obvious than leaving something out which many buyers may not notice.

Or, you could just add a small disclaimer to the back or inside cover, "Reproduction cover." It would be more obvious than leaving something out which many buyers may not notice.

Great idea - thanks (thumbs u

What's funny is in the sellers (clint2014) feedback , it shows him buying the coverless Avengers #1. Now mighty_movie_marvel_comics is selling the same issue. Both sellers from Wichita, KS, United States. Hmmm funny

I have a seperate thread in GENERAL about the AVENGERS 1 WITH THE REPO COVER..i contacted ebay during the first auction about the copy cover..he was removed from ebay for that i asume... now its relisted...his emails to me were super nasty...contact ebay FEDORAMAN and tell them you are the creator of the cover and that you know that the seller is trying to pass a scam with your copy righted material,ect....

What's funny is in the sellers (clint2014) feedback , it shows him buying the coverless Avengers #1. Now mighty_movie_marvel_comics is selling the same issue. Both sellers from Wichita, KS, United States. Hmmm funny

I have a seperate thread in GENERAL about the AVENGERS 1 WITH THE REPO COVER..i contacted ebay during the first auction about the copy cover..he was removed from ebay for that i asume... now its relisted...his emails to me were super nasty...contact ebay FEDORAMAN and tell them you are the creator of the cover and that you know that the seller is trying to pass a scam with your copy righted material,ect....

I contacted eBay right after I made the first post. Is there another live listing now?