• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED

30 posts in this topic

Starting shortly: I'll be listing another batch of lower grade Golden Age books tonight.

I'll be listing very low grade copies of Marvel Mystery 62 and All Select #8 and a bit better Marvel Mystery 67 (all from a local estate).

All American Men of War #128 (second issue, 1952)

Phantom Stranger #6 --unfortunately missing pages

Zip-Jet # 1

Planet Comics #71

Stay tuned.

I'll try and post a bit more quickly than last time!

BTW, the Superman 14 from my last sales thread is still available. See my old posts, $275 takes it as noted in last thread. Now re-listed--see 2nd page of thread.

First books should be up in just a couple minutes, and like I said, i'm going to try to move faster than last time.

So...

All normal CGC selling rules apply.

All prices include 1st Class USPS in the US.

All prices over $100 include 1st Class USPS and Insurance in the US

First :takeit: gets it and takes priority over PM

I am ONLY accepting Paypal at this time.

Note, these are some desirable and hard to find books even in low grade. I've tried to price fair but market value is hard to guage so i'm willing to listen to offers as well.

Thanks for your time.

Now onto the funny books....

Let's start with a hard to find DC War book. This copy came from a local original owner.

All American Men of War #128

Decent copy of this hard to find book, I’d call it about VG. Decent colors but light soiling has dulled the gloss a bit. Light stains only visible on lower IFC. Nice supple cream to off white pages and book is nice and flat with no tears or major problems at all.

Asking $105 Now $90

aamw128.jpg

aamw128back.jpg

aamwcenter.jpg

Sticking with the 50s DC books...

Phantom Stranger #6

This would be a very nice G/VG but it is unfortunately missing pages. Book contains 16 pages plus the covers. It has 2 complete 8 page stories and is missing the 6 page “Doorway in the Sky” story (and probably 2 ad pages), so it appears to be missing two centerfolds. The current centerfold is loose at top staple.

So, incomplete POOR

Asking $50 Now $50

phantoms.jpg

phantomsback.jpg

phantomscenter.jpg

From the "Misc" in the thread title...

Planet Comics #71

Nice VG copy with good cover color and off white pages, light spine wear and minor tear at the bottom staple including small 1/8” tear that runs through the book. Book still feels nice and tight and flat.

It is getting harder and harder to find affordable Planets.

Asking $65 Now $55

planet71.jpg

planetback.jpg

planetcntr.jpg

one more "misc"....

Zip Jet #1

Decent VG copy of this cool old book. Nice colors and and cream to off white pages. Some minor staining that shows in the logo on the front and a couple minor stains on back cover and along bottom edge of back cover. Rusty top staple. Over all book feels really nice and tight and flat.

Call it VG-

Asking $125 Now $95

zipjet1.jpg

zipjetback.jpg

zipjetcntr.jpg

And now, the Timelys. I got these all from a local estate several years back. Let's start with the best condition of the three.

Marvel Mystery Comics #67

This book has some unfortunate moisture damage or something that has left some staining on the front cover (not as bad as it looks in my poor quality photo, see the picture showing the spine for a better idea of the colors and level of staining), the back cover, and has also affected about the top 5th of all the pages. There is also some paper loss on the middle of the spine, but cover is still tight to the single original staple.

Other than the moisture damage, the book has a nice, supple high grade feel and really nice cover colors and even gloss (again my crappy photo does not do it justice). Pages are nice off white.

So, call it about VG-

Asking $195 SOLD

mm67.jpg

mm67back.jpg

mm67spine.jpg

mm67cvr.jpg

mm67center.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics # 62

Cover is completely loose, has multiple tears and is missing big chunks as is obvious is the photos, first two wraps also loose. Also unfortunately missing centerfold which affects end of Sub Mariner Story and beginning of Miss America story. Contains 44 pages plus covers. Food staing on remaining centerfold and soiling and stains on last several pages of interior. Tan pages but not brittle.

So, POOR

Asking $70 SOLD

mm62.jpg

mm62back.jpg

mm62cvr.jpg

mm62cntr.jpg

All Select #8

Cover is completely off and front/back covers are completely separated. The covers separated a little way into the back cover as you can see in the photo. Some of the paper has folded over, but there is probably some of the paper along the tear that is missing.

Front cover still presents nicely though, but there is a two inch tear at the center of left edge that runs through the Torch’s head. Appears complete, 32 pages plus covers, decent cream pages.

Cool Schaumberg cover and I’m no expert but it looks like Simon and Kirby art on the Captain America Story to me.

Obviously technical grade is POOR, but cool and hard to find so…

Asking Sold

as8.jpg

as8int.jpg

as8cntr.jpg

as8cvr.jpg

as8back.jpg

as8bagged.jpg

Here is a re-list of the Superman #14 from the last thread.

Superman #14

And really, despite the low grade, this book presents well--I gawked at it from across my living room for several years!

Unfortunately, it is very low grade. There is an unfortunate piece out of the right edge of front cover that is repeated on the first few pages. Cover and first wrap came loose and were amateurly repaired with glue and possibly tape. Tape at top of spine that looks really old, tape on interior of covers that looks not as old, but not recent. Two centerfolds also loose and glued together but not back in. The tears at staples and in center of spine run through entire book to some extent, but are not real deep and you have to really be looking for them on the inside (so not as bad as some i've seen).

But, on the plus side, it does have nice off white supple pages (they didn't photgraph well on this one).

So, call it Poor/Fair, but what a cover. Admire it from afar like I did and you won't mind all the defects.

Now asking $275 Now $265 including first class USPS and insurance in the US.

supermancvr.jpg

supermanback.jpg

superman2nd.jpg

supermanifc.jpg

supermanibc.jpg

suprmncenter.jpg

Time to drop some prices I guess. Here is an update on all.

All American Men of War #128 Asking $105 Now $90

Phantom Stranger #6 Asking $50 Now $40

Planet Comics #71 Asking $65 Now $55

Zip Jet #1 Asking $125 Now $95

Marvel Mystery Comics #67 Asking $195 Now $170

Marvel Mystery Comics # 62 Asking $70 Now $60

All Select #8 Asking $105 SOLD

Superman #14 Asking $275 Now $265