• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whoa!! need some help here.

11 posts in this topic

Bought a comic - fine/very fine silver age - bagged and boarded - opened to inspect and review - shocked.gifBAM!!!!! - lower right corner front page - spot on match 893crossfingers-thumb.gifsignature - Stan Lee '93! I'm absolutely freaking - doubt the comic had been out of the bag since - bought at fair market value. Where and how do I submit for "walkthrough". Any guestimates at increase in value - it's about a $12 comic otherwise. Not interested in selling - just looking for information gossip.gif.

i know the pix bad - just gives you an idea - I'm a true believer!!

thanx

grin.gif

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!! hi.gif

I think if you got it slabbed then it would be a green qualified label saying somthing like "stan lee 93 written on 1st page".

Hope this helps,Jamie.

Hello and welcome to the boards!

Sadly, your book isn't worth slabbing IMO (unless you want it slabbed for personal reasons). CGC won't validate signatures unless they are present at the signing. So all you'll get is a notation that there is "Stan Lee '93" written on first page or some such. The condition of the book will be downgraded for that, too. frown.gif

That isn't to say that the signature (which I suspect is probably authentic) wouldn't increase the book's value in many people's eyes. It's just that CGCing it wouldn't add anything to that, would cost you money and would prevent people from seeing the signature.

Sounds like a cool book, though!