• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed!

107 posts in this topic

Lets start with an SA gem...

ASM #66 CGC 9.6 (OW) $700

a SA gem, not "an" SA gem

I'm trying to make money. Not impress my English professors or slave myself to Robert's Rules of Order.

I'm pretty sure most people know that you know the difference anyway, Stephen.

I'm sure it was also a matter of choosing "an" instead of "a" due to the sound of the letter "S" versus the sound of the word "silver". To pronounce the letter "s" after the word "a" just doesn't sound right if you have been using the correct use of "an and "a" your entire life and the mistake is probably easy to make when typing fast.

Actually, his usage was correct as per your argument. SA denotes pronouncing the letters "S" and "A" and not pronouncing the words "Silver" and "Age." Therefore, the usage of an is correct.

For our next lesson we will concentrate on the correct usage of the words then and than.

Who corrects the correctors? :shrug:

:gossip: Dr. Watson

So true, but I finally noticed someone else's error and had to jump all over it.

Fist, remove the rafter that is in your eye, then suggest your fellowman remove the straw that is in his.

So true, but I finally noticed someone else's error and had to jump all over it.

Fist, remove the rafter that is in your eye, then suggest your fellowman remove the straw that is in his.

Fist? You been talking to OldGuy? lol

In no way is it correct to use "an" in front of SA, or Silver Age.
You are wrong. "An" is used in front of a vowel sound, not just a vowel. It would be incorrect with "Silver" but correct with "S".

:cloud9: Old Guy. He was the first one to give me a good hazing when I joined the boards.

:cloud9: Old Guy. He was the first one to give me a good hazing when I joined the boards.

Maybe it's time for another?

hm