• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Massachusetts - best comics shops for Silver Age/OA ?

3 posts in this topic

I'm headed up to Beantown for a few days - where should I get my comics fix? A few years ago, neither Newbury Comics nor Million Year Picnic had much Silver Age stock. Also, are there any good original art sources in Boston?

Thanks, JB

I gotta remember to bookmark my response to this. Give me a minute to pull it up.

Here ya go:

"If you'll have a car, I'd recommend Outer Limits in Waltham, Webhead Enterprises in Wakefield (and maybe Comically Speaking down the street in Reading) and Harrison's in Salem. All good stores, but you'll need to drive.

There's also Bop City/Bedrock in Framingham, and Hub Comics in Somerville, but I believe James said he doesn't have many back issues at the store.

The stores that are in Boston/Cambridge proper (Million Year Picnic, New England Comics) don't have much in the way of back issue stock. Comicopia in Kenmore Square and Newbury Comics down the street nearby do not carry back issues."

It was in +Boston%2c+MA%2c+New+York+City+Comic+Shops%26quot%3B+&topic=0&Search=true#Post3312541'>Noljoner's Thread.

Plus, there's the Boston Comic Con on 10/24 and 10/25, a small show in NH this Sunday and Larry's weekly show in Woburn on Thursday nights.