• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I want a new CGC label

29 posts in this topic

Well thought out post!

I believe that while most of us are honest people, straying from the current scheme invites fraud though.

:idea:

I agree, most of us are honest, especially given that, in the greater scheme of things, autographs from "comic book creators" are probably not valuable enough to bother faking them on a large scale. :P

However, with the recent increase in celebrity signed CGC SS books, I've often wondered how hard it would be for a dishonest Signature Series witness to fake an actor's signature on a Signature Series comic, submit it as authentic, and get away with later selling it for a few hundred dollars. hm

I may be in the minority on this one but to me there just shouldn't be a reason for a new SS label.

Yellow simply means CGC witnessed it.

Green simply means CGC didn't witness it, not necessarily that the sig is fake. Its our thinking as a consumer that makes that "leap".

At most the only exception would be COA from Dark Forces etc. However I believe CGC would need to enter into an agreement with the company for that to happen.

Is it just aesthetics of the color? Would the book "seem" more authentic if it was a yellow label with text saying "unconfirmed signature"? rather than a green? (shrug)

Even if a new label were created it would never reach the same credibility we give a yellow label and therefore still have the monetary value of a green label.

Ultimately to make people happy what we are really asking CGC to do is verify sigs they never witnessed and that just won't happen.

doesnt PSA do signature authentication for ebay? so if you really wanted it authenticated you can send it in?

I got both CGC SS and non slabbed books and like them both just as much. Is the yellow label there as a comfort thing or are people looking for how much easier they can sell it later and for more money than non slabbed?

doesnt PSA do signature authentication for ebay? so if you really wanted it authenticated you can send it in?

I got both CGC SS and non slabbed books and like them both just as much. Is the yellow label there as a comfort thing or are people looking for how much easier they can sell it later and for more money than non slabbed?

Something about the color yellow. It makes the slab look so much nicer than the other labels...

(shrug)

Is the yellow label there as a comfort thing or are people looking for how much easier they can sell it later and for more money than non slabbed?

Haha I mean are people just worried about flipping is that why they want old ones authenticated or are they keepers? Thats my point. You have the keepers and you have the people who just want to flip.

Is the yellow label there as a comfort thing or are people looking for how much easier they can sell it later and for more money than non slabbed?

Haha I mean are people just worried about flipping is that why they want old ones authenticated or are they keepers? Thats my point. You have the keepers and you have the people who just want to flip.

If they are keepers and you know the sigs are legit then I'm not sure why it would be so important to get a yellow label as opposed to a green (shrug)

If they are keepers and you know the sigs are legit then I'm not sure why it would be so important to get a yellow label as opposed to a green (shrug)

greens don't count as much in the registry (for us competitive goofs)

greens don't count as much in the registry (for us competitive goofs)

very interesting.. hm