• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watchmen #1.....

9 posts in this topic

The group here seems to be a knowledgable bunch, so here I go. I have a few copies of Watchmen #1, which have been opened maybe 1 or 2 times, if that.

Who feels these might be worth submitting for grading? These are obviously books I would like to try and make some money on if they grade high enough....

thanks

D-

I agree with Ricky....Dont grade ANY modern comic unless you know your grading skills are comparable with CGC's and you just know you're gonna get a 9.6+! laugh.gif

watchmen barely guides above cover price, so no, its not worth slabbing.

you will be unlikely to even get your cgc grading fees back by selling them.

as others have said unless you get a 9.8 on a modern book (except the scant few modern keys) it is unlikely to attract much interest. and you won't get a 9.8 if the book has been touched by human hands IMHO.

What about the Watchmen hardcover from Graphitti Press? Obviously you can't slab it, but what is it worth on ebay? I've seen some sell for over $100, and some not sell for near that.

I've got one that has never been read and I'm thinking of selling it.