• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I wonder how much CGC FF 55 (9.9 Boston) copy is worth now?

22 posts in this topic

I awoke the other morning thinking about some crazy sales of late, such as FF 72 CGC 9.8 for $25000.00. And then I started thinking about the FF 55 CGC 9.9 Boston copy that sold a few years back for $16000.00. I think about FF books often, especially pedigrees, and I was wondering how much this book would sell for now? I believe this book would go 3x previous sale and reach $48000.00. What are your thoughts?

depends on what the book looks like now...it was an old label book, wasn't it?

What if the book had SCS in the slab ? That would be a tough call, leave it alone

or attempt to get it fixed ? Other than some SCS damage, old label or not, I can't imagine that the book is anything but flawless.

Didn't Doug Schmell originally own it and sold it to ??????

depends on what the book looks like now...it was an old label book, wasn't it?

What if the book had SCS in the slab ? That would be a tough call, leave it alone

or attempt to get it fixed ? Other than some SCS damage, old label or not, I can't imagine that the book is anything but flawless.

Didn't Doug Schmell originally own it and sold it to ??????

i'm sure the book is flawless. but i'd have to see it to make an assessment of what it would sell for. it's an interesting hypothetical

I awoke the other morning thinking about some crazy sales of late, such as FF 72 CGC 9.8 for $25000.00. And then I started thinking about the FF 55 CGC 9.9 Boston copy that sold a few years back for $16000.00. I think about FF books often, especially pedigrees, and I was wondering how much this book would sell for now? I believe this book would go 3x previous sale and reach $48000.00. What are your thoughts?

What is your basis for this belief?

In my opinion FF 55 is a superior issue to FF 72 (both great covers though), and FF 72 CGC 9.8 sold for $25000 (crazy). So, I figure a 9.9 would easily double this value. And, how often do you see a silver age comic receive a grade of 9.9.

Rarely!

I`ve been told the old labels were more strictly graded, but this copy`s grade has come into question in the past. Apparently the upper right corner has an obvious fleck missing and should have knocked the grade down. Others stated the colour fleck missing was attributed to the encapsulating of the copy by CGC.

In my opinion FF 55 is a superior issue to FF 72 (both great covers though), and FF 72 CGC 9.8 sold for $25000 (crazy). So, I figure a 9.9 would easily double this value. And, how often do you see a silver age comic receive a grade of 9.9.

Rarely!

You might be right about this - but I certainly hope the market isn't so label-obsessed as to result in such a sale. It doesn't take very much at all (even very careful handling of the slab) to turn a 9.9 into a non-9.9.

Anyways. It's a number on a label. How much does a 9.8 FF 55 go for? Does anyone really believe the price differential is justified?

I know this individual was criticized when he/she purchased the issue a few years back. This boardie had obtained a serious piece of investment for now what seems to be pennies in relation to the current market. I'm now thinking 75K is not unrealistic. FF 55 will eventually be a key marvel cover!