• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1976-1980 CGC Submissions

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the heavy price hikes for this particular subset of books has had a major impact on submission to CGC for that date range? If I recall the debate at the time, other price hikes were more in line with inflation, etc., but these were a whopper.

To submit a book from this time period and receive the same service and turnaround time, doubled in price. I don't think there is anyway to determine if it affected the submission rate, though. Maybe valiantman would know, but that's about all I can think. If I had to guess, I would probably say that it only affected the submission of books from this time period, moderately.

I know it sent a short box of gorgeous books I had put together to send in for a pre-screen back into the closet. Too risky at the new and enlarged price, even if I get back a 9.8 copy of Peter Parker 22 or whatever.