• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EC Portfolios Lot & THUNDA #1 Russ Cochran PRICE REDUCTION + a freebie!

21 posts in this topic

Howdy,

Here are a bunch of really nice early treasury-sized 70's EC Portfolios from Russ Cochran all in glorious B&W.

Take all 5 issues for: $625 NOW: $585 shipped in the US (outside US, pay 1/2 postage).

First :takeit: get it! Paypal accepted.

Thanks,

Bill

Issue One:

Has an all-white cover and has abundant foxing/speckling on the front & back covers (common to the early issues, as they are made of cardboard) and a 1' inch square water mark on the front cover. The insides are very nice off-white pages., no rips or chips. Comes in its original custom-made mylar sleave.

ECP_01.jpg

Back Cover:

ECP_01_BC.jpg

Issue Two:

Color Frazetta classic-caveman cover. This one also has abundant foxing/speckling on front & back covers. 1' X .5' inch square sicker glue on back cover. Off-white pages. Comes in its original custom-made mylar sleave.

ECP_02.jpg

Back Cover:

ECP_02_BC.jpg

Issue Three:

Another Frazetta cover (WF 21). Some spotting on the spine. No rips, tears. Off-white pages. Comes in its original custom-made mylar sleave.

ECP_03.jpg

Back Cover:

ECP_03_BC.jpg

Issue Four:

Severin cover (WS 9). Some spotting on the spine. No rips, tears. Off-white pages.

ECP_04.jpg

Back Cover:

ECP_04_BC.jpg

Issue Five:

Wood cover (WSF 27). Small top right corner bump. Nice cover. No rips, tears. Off-white pages.

ECP_05.jpg

Back Cover:

ECP_05_BC.jpg

Never seen those before! Nice! (worship)

I have :baiting:

I dare to guess some of the things you've seen. (worship)

Just checked out my 1-6 set. :baiting:

Never seen those before! Nice! (worship)

I have :baiting:

I dare to guess some of the things you've seen. (worship)

Just checked out my 1-6 set. :baiting:

Damn, G. You popped 55k posts!

You're officially the biggest dork I've ever known in my life! :cloud9:

What are the insides like? Are they reprints of the comics? Or drawing protfolios?

These are reprints of the very best of the best of EC. Wonderful reproductions from, I believe, the original art, all with the blessing of Bill Gaines -- the forerunners of the hardbound volumes...Some interesting articles by Russ as well.

I only have the #6 , those are really great ,Art is stunning in those portfolios : you don't see them often for sale (worship)

Only have #6, you say? Then this lot would complete your collection in one fell swoop!

REALLY NICE!

jeffb has a post in the WTB for the EC Libraries.

hm Are these the same?

No, these are not the hardbound slipcase sets that Russ Cochran started to publish in the late 70s...these are earlier (early 70s) softcover B&W reprints published by Russ. They are larger in page-size than the later hardcovers and were printed on high quality heavy stock paper.

These books have a great mix of stories of all the EC genres ..Sci-Fi, Crime, Horror, War, & Suspense, (no humor stories though...). Some of the later issues had color cover repos on the inside.

A MUST for the true EC collector...

I have a copy of the Thun'da #1 reprint you have listed here, albeit not signed by Russ Cochran.

I can attest that it is beautiful, and anyone who has a copy of the original Thun'da #1 (and those that don't) will appreciate the quality of reproduction on Frank Frazetta's signature work in comics.

Howdy,

Here are a bunch of really nice early treasury-sized 70's EC Portfolios from Russ Cochran all in glorious B&W.

Take all 5 issues for: $625 shipped in the US (outside US, pay 1/2 postage).

First :takeit: get it! Paypal accepted.

Thanks,

Bill

Issue One:

Has an all-white cover and has abundant foxing/speckling on the front & back covers (common to the early issues, as they are made of cardboard) and a 1' inch square water mark on the front cover. The insides are very nice off-white pages., no rips or chips. Comes in its original custom-made mylar sleave.

ECP_01.jpg

Back Cover:

ECP_01_BC.jpg

Issue Two:

Color Frazetta classic-caveman cover. This one also has abundant foxing/speckling on front & back covers. 1' X .5' inch square sicker glue on back cover. Off-white pages. Comes in its original custom-made mylar sleave.

ECP_02.jpg

Back Cover:

ECP_02_BC.jpg

Issue Three:

Another Frazetta cover (WF 21). Some spotting on the spine. No rips, tears. Off-white pages. Comes in its original custom-made mylar sleave.

ECP_03.jpg

Back Cover:

ECP_03_BC.jpg

Issue Four:

Severin cover (WS 9). Some spotting on the spine. No rips, tears. Off-white pages.

ECP_04.jpg

Back Cover:

ECP_04_BC.jpg

Issue Five:

Wood cover (WSF 27). Small top right corner bump. Nice cover. No rips, tears. Off-white pages.

ECP_05.jpg

Back Cover:

ECP_05_BC.jpg

NEW REDUCED PRICE: $585 shipped in the US.

Hey, you EC Nutz (I know yur out there!)...

I am reducing the price again for EC PORTFLIO LOT to: $545 shipped in the US.

and I will also throw in, absolutely free: the 1972 fanzine of EC LIVES!

I would call it FN condition, top-right spine bump, staple stress, sm tear bottom left cover, nice off-white pages.

This book has some nice story reprints and great articles & profiles on the EC artists (by each other!). A really fun read!

ECLIVES.jpg

ECLIVES_BC.jpg