• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vienna Comic Convention Pictures from 10.04.09

16 posts in this topic

Here are some pictures from the Vienna Comic Convention from Sunday. It was a great show with many people and interesting stuff to see and buy. Some cool Star Wars fans with great costumes were also there. They had build an amazing General Grievous costume, it reall looked impressive. There was also for the first time an US comic book dealer at the show: Chris Budel from the Nostalgia Zone. He visits Germany once a year so he and his german partner decided to take their chance with this convention. I think sales were not great for them, but it's always very hard to sell US-comics in Austria.

Picture Gallery

Cool pics + thanks for sharing!! Always interesting to see cons in other countries. I guess no suprise that the Star Wars folk were out in strength there as well lol

Compared to most of the cons in the USA, it is really small, we had 1.600 visitors on sunday but that's a good number for such a con in Austria.

The Star Wars folks are most of the time always there, followed by many Manga folks in costume. I have no love for Manga but I really appreciate what they are doing at the con, they bring a lot of fun to this show.

I have never been to any shows in Europe but I have a poster for this show that I pulled down one year off of the bulletin board in a pub located within Vienna's Ring.

Vienna :cloud9:

Maybe we'll hear from our Bavarian friend Rudi.