• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers RE-Assemble in Marvel & Bendis's SIEGE?

28 posts in this topic

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091007-Bendis-Siege.html

Seriously.....what's up with all of the events. They are killing the stories. They just keep rehashing the, "we are changing the status quo." This goes for Marvel and DC. People can't enjoy a run on a single book because it is interrupted over and over again by events. Trades seem like the only way to go if you are going to read moderns.

lol

my favorite response at the newsarama site:

Coming... this January...

You knew... that Norman Osbourne couldn't stop the Avengers forever

You knew... The Dark Reign premise could only be stretched so thin

This January... Marvel... will... BACKPEDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all knew it would happen. It's way to profitable for them not to do this.

It is good that they are bringing the Big 3 back together. However how many other books or stories in progress is this going to affect? They interrupt story arcs just to make a filler or two for the cross-over event. If the character doesn't have anything to do with the event, they should leave him/her out of it. 2c

It is good that they are bringing the Big 3 back together. However how many other books or stories in progress is this going to affect? They interrupt story arcs just to make a filler or two for the cross-over event. If the character doesn't have anything to do with the event, they should leave him/her out of it. 2c

Most every book is directly affected by Dark Reign at the moment. So this upcoming event will then have to affect nearly every book as well. This strategy does'nt make for quality and uniterrupted runs on specific titles but I believe if you read all the Dark Reign books it makes for a fun read.

Most every book is directly affected by Dark Reign at the moment. So this upcoming event will then have to affect nearly every book as well. This strategy does'nt make for quality and uniterrupted runs on specific titles but I believe if you read all the Dark Reign books it makes for a fun read.

That’s one of my points. You have to buy ever single book to enjoy a story. You have to spend $300-$400 to have a fun read. I disagree that it has to affect every book. They can continue to write the main books and completely ignore the mini. Since that will not make them any extra money, they will interrupt a story just to get a temporary spike in sales.

Let's not even get on the fact that some of the tie-ins literally tells the same exact story that you read in the mini the week before. If you are reading only one it isn't a big deal. If you bought them both, you are out of $3.99

So in order to get a fun read. I have to buy all of the below issues. :insane: I'm not a genius, but to me comics are about fun already. I shouldn't have to blow my whole paycheck just to get a fun read. I should be able to get a fun read out of one book.

Agents of Atlas (vol. 2) #1-7

Amazing Spider-Man #595-599

Avengers: The Initiative #20-25

Black Panther (vol. 5) #1-6

Dark Avenger: Ares #1-3

Dark Avengers #1-11

Dark Avengers Annual #1

Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Exodus #1

Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia #1

Dark Reign: The Cabal #1

Dark Reign: Elektra #1-5

Dark Reign: Fantastic Four #1-5

Dark Reign Files #1

Dark Reign: Hawkeye #1-5

Dark Reign: Lethal Legion #1-3

Dark Reign: Made Men #1

Dark Reign: Mr. Negative #1-3

Dark Reign: New Nation #1

Dark Reign: The Goblin Legacy #1

Dark Reign: The Hood #1-5

Dark Reign: The List - Avengers #1

Dark Reign: The List - Daredevil #1

Dark Reign: The List - Hulk #1

Dark Reign: The List - Punisher #1

Dark Reign: The List - Secret Warriors #1

Dark Reign: The List - Spider-Man #1

Dark Reign: The List - X-Men #1

Dark Reign: The List - Wolverine #1

Dark Reign: The Sinister Spider-Man #1-4

Dark Reign: Young Avengers #1-5

Dark Reign: Zodiac #1-3

Dark Wolverine #75-80

Dark X-Men: The Beginning #1-3

Deadpool (vol. 4) #6-12

Hulk (vol.2) #13

Incredible Hercules #127-128

Invincible Iron Man #8-19

Marvel Spotlight: Dark Reign #1

Mighty Avengers #21-26

M.O.D.O.K.: Reign Delay #1

Ms. Marvel (vol. 2) #34-46

New Avengers #48-55

New Avengers: The Reunion #1-4

Punisher (vol. 2) #1-6

Savage She-Hulk Vol.2 #1-4

Secret Invasion: Dark Reign #1

Secret Invasion: Requiem #1

Secret Warriors #1-6

Skrull Kill Krew (vol. 2) #1-5

Thunderbolts #128-136

Uncanny X-Men Annual #2

Uncanny X-Men #513-514

War Machine (vol. 2) #1-5,10-11

Wolverine: Origins #33-36

X-Men Legacy #226-227

Stories involved but not listed.

Agents of Atlas (vol. 2) #8

Black Panther (vol. 5) #7-9

Captain America #600

Captain America: Reborn #0-5

Dark X-Men #1-5

Dark X-Men: The Confession #1

Mighty Avengers #27-32

New Avengers #56-58

Planet Skaar Prologue #1

Punisher (vol. 2) #7-10

Punisher Annual #1

Secret Warriors #7-10

Spider-Woman (vol. 4) #1-5

Thor #600-604

Thor: Defining Moments

Vengeance of Moon Knight #1-3

War Machine (vol. 2) #6-9

Now if we can only get a story with all of them back together worth reading. No offense, but Spider-man defeated normal all by himself. A story about the Avengers getting together to defeat him hasn't been very interesting to me.

lol

my favorite response at the newsarama site:

Coming... this January...

You knew... that Norman Osbourne couldn't stop the Avengers forever

You knew... The Dark Reign premise could only be stretched so thin

This January... Marvel... will... BACKPEDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roflmao:

I just buy what I want / what I like.

I do the same thing. What I don't like is when they interrupt my story with something that doesn't have anything to do with my title. If I'm watching 300, I don't want to be interrupted 40 minutes into the movie and forced to watch 45 minutes of the Wedding Planner before I can finish 300.

That is an extreme example but that is what Marvel and DC both are doing to us with all of the massive cross-over events. I don't have a problem if a Spider-man cross-over stays within all the Spider-man books. Same goes for X-men, Avengers, Hulk and anyone else who needs a boast in sales.

Dark Reign isn't so much a crossover as a theme running through a lot of the Marvel line, you don't need to get them all to avoid missing something essential.

I've just been buying what I normally would and a couple of others that sounded a fun read. It doesn't bother me that I'm not getting everything on the list.