• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone planning to dress up for Halloween?

125 posts in this topic

Did someone say costume???

87346.jpg

Our Third Annual Costume Party is on October 30th on our street in our sub.

If anyone here is in the Durham area, you should drop by for a couple of cold ones.

(thumbs u

Sweet! be sure to post pics after the party. Here in Austin, downtown 6th street gets packed with people who dress up. Often I'll see many creative costumes so I hope to post many pics myself. I'm a sucker for clever costumes

AWESOME FLAVA FLAV! Your wifey needs to buy a bumpit for that big old Winehouse 'do and lots lots of temp tattoos..perhaps a bent spoon as an accessory?

You will of course need a big clock on a chain and a viking helmet!!

I will be dressed up as Flavor Flav and getting sloppy.

My wife is going as Amy Winehouse.

Flav is always a good choice. My buddy went as Flav last year. He covered himself with that brown paint or whatever. It was crazy, when he showed up I didn't know who he was b/c he kept his costume a secret. His nickname is the "milkman" because he's whiter than milk. So you can imagine how much paint it took to make him look like Flav. He pulled it off and won best costume at a party of about 60 people.

Not sure how many showers he had to take to get all the paint off.

My front lawn is 95' wide, and I set up the "Grave Yard" every 1st Saturday in October, it has 17 tombstones, 3 have the Zombies that you stick in the ground so they look like their out up to the waist and the others have a skeleton skull and arms coming up out of the ground. I have a 6' tall ghost with a skull face who we call the crypt keeper standing in one section......and found some super freaky bone spiders at Party City w/ human skulls and they are at his feet like pets. He's holding a white rose w/ a black stem w/ blood droplets on it-sweet effect. Then there are sections of cemetary gothic fence w/ skeleton faces on it in ront of each section and little yard signs that say.....Beware.....Keep Out.....Go Back etc., each section has flood light strings out front w/ blue spot-lights in them so it glows and eriee blue at night-kids love it but scares the crapola out of them. Last Halloween I wore my Werewolf costume and was lurking behind the tree's in the graveyard.....the kids would see something move just freeze in their tracks, this year I'm wearing my all white ghost costume full length and I'll glow like the Crypt Keeper and the zombies etc, I'll stand stock still this year.....blend in with the other props...then move at the right time. The center sidewalk up the middle of the yard goes right through the center of the Grave Yard as well to get to the table with the candy......ya have to run the gauntlet and swallow your fear to reach the goodies. Should be lots of fun and even though the kids know the routine by now, it's still funny to see them balk at the moment of truth......love All Hallows Eve!!!!!