• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this overpriced? SPAWN CGC 9.8 SS Todd Mcfarlane.

27 posts in this topic

Found this on the E today, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150379399193&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT But is that price too much? I'm trying not to be critical here (sense I too have posted items on here that were overpriced yet didn't know it) I'd like to pick this book up, (maybe not this particular book, but a Spwan #1 with Todd's sig) but it just seams like alot just for Todd's Sig. (shrug) And is the book really worth that much with the SS label? Thought's, opinions? And yes I know it's the seller's book he can charge what he want's for it.

well cant you buy a 9.8 non SS copy for like 100-125? if so how much would it cost you to get his sig? plus pay a witness and shipping and resubmit it?..so i think you're better off just paying 299 for it already done

I got one of those B/W just waiting for a sig. One of these days the planets will align and I will get it done.

lol

A board member sold a CGC 9.8 for over $2,000, just so you know.

I know a witness Keith if you need one. :baiting:

You should be able to pick up a Spawn 9.8 for around 50 to 60 bucks.
A friend of mine bought two slabbed 9.8's for just $30.00 each on Ebay awhile back.

If you have patience, you'll get a Spawn 1 CGC 9.8 unsigned copy for just around $30-$40.

Or you can buy one of the many high-grade 1.7 million raw copies and submit it. Good chance you'll get a 9.6-9.8 grade.

Sure, but McFarlane isn't the easiest signature to get - which is why Spawn #1 CGC 9.8 SS copies usually sell in the $200-250 range.

$300 is high compared to GPA, but not crazy-high - and the seller did provide the "make offer" function.

McFarlane may not be the easiest signature, but he certainly is the most careful about his signature. Those of you who have been around him and had him sign know that he takes his time with each and every sig. It's practically a work of art itself. I say this in comparison to so many who just scribble something non-sensical that if you didn't know already, you'd never guess who signed it in a million years.

Spawn%231.jpg

FYI- I def. would not sell this for $300.

That is not a bad deal.

or

You could just buy a cheap 9.8 and wait and wait and wait. As a witness Todd is so hard to get that I will Never accept SS submissions if I know he has a signing appearance. :(

If you are with me at the event though I will witness your book for you and sub it for you!

Best,

Sean