• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foolkiller's Baltimore Con Report

55 posts in this topic

Seems like from what I am hearing is that the con was ok, but not great for buying.

However, it’s always a different mind-set for buying for your collection versus buying to flip.

Seems like people got some great deals for their collection, but buying for resale seemed blah.

I knew Storms would have a good show with all his new stuff and seems like good old Ted did well also.

Maybe since everyone goes to this show now there is not enough stuff to go around.

Seems like from what I am hearing is that the con was ok, but not great for buying.

However, it’s always a different mind-set for buying for your collection versus buying to flip.

Seems like people got some great deals for their collection, but buying for resale seemed blah.

I knew Storms would have a good show with all his new stuff and seems like good old Ted did well also.

Maybe since everyone goes to this show now there is not enough stuff to go around.

Roy, Mike, Joey etc all found books to flip, so it's more than possible to do so. It just took some more effort at this show. But it was there...

Bob's collection was really awesome.

Roy, Mike, Joey etc all found books to flip, so it's more than possible to do so. It just took some more effort at this show. But it was there...

Bob's collection was really awesome.

That’s good. I knew there was something for all of you guys there, but I just got the vibe the show wasn’t as good for buying it has been in the previous years.

…but again I have never attended the show.

Bob texted me saying the show was very good as I assumed it would be for HIGHGRADE COMICS with his awesome new collection he brought to the show.

I am glad I had the Long Beach Comic Con the previous week (which was an a really good buying show for me), and as Storms said I was just too cheap to fly in. lol

I don't know if Brian even owns a pair of shoes.

Maybe for court. (shrug):grin:

Just FYI, I have worn sandals to court. This was years ago at the DA's office, I was in the office on a day off, wearing shorts, t-shirt and sandals. Judge called up, asked me to come over for a quick hearing, I told him I was dressed -- really dressed down -- told me he didn't care, just get my a** over here. I did, argued a motion in sandals and won.

Didn't have time to pick up some nice dress clothes on your way in?

my-cousin-vinny.jpg

Just FYI, I have worn sandals to court. This was years ago at the DA's office, I was in the office on a day off, wearing shorts, t-shirt and sandals. Judge called up, asked me to come over for a quick hearing, I told him I was dressed -- really dressed down -- told me he didn't care, just get my a** over here. I did, argued a motion in sandals and won.

my-cousin-vinny.jpg

One of my favorite movies of all time.

my-cousin-vinny.jpg

"What is a Yout?" Love that movie!

"Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along. You get thirsty. You spot a little brook. You put your little deer lips down to the cool, clear water - BAM. A f****n' bullet rips off part of your head. Your brains are lying on the ground in little bloody pieces. Now I ask ya, would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son-of-a-b**ch who shot you was wearing?"

my-cousin-vinny.jpg

"What is a Yout?" Love that movie!

Now, he has fallen off of the planet!

"Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along. You get thirsty. You spot a little brook. You put your little deer lips down to the cool, clear water - BAM. A f****n' bullet rips off part of your head. Your brains are lying on the ground in little bloody pieces. Now I ask ya, would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son-of-a-b**ch who shot you was wearing?"

Comedy Gold!