• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch Question

15 posts in this topic

It depends on the artist, but for the most part it's pretty easy. Witnesses make it even easier, god bless their souls lol

I am not a witness and I have gotten many sketches on my own and others through the good folks on these very boards.

Aside from actual cost how difficult / easy is it to obtain sketches from some of the more prominent artists at a given convention?

Is it easier to go through a witness or do you need to have the right connections?

Examples:

Jim Lee - Usually sketches free for the first 5 people... sometimes more, but after that ZIPPO. All personalized

Neal Adams - No line, but $500 bucks

Tony Moore - First 5 people (usually people with dealers passes :P)

Aside from actual cost how difficult / easy is it to obtain sketches from some of the more prominent artists at a given convention?

Is it easier to go through a witness or do you need to have the right connections?

Examples:

Jim Lee - Usually sketches free for the first 5 people... sometimes more, but after that ZIPPO. All personalized

Neal Adams - No line, but $500 bucks

Tony Moore - First 5 people (usually people with dealers passes :P)

Man.. I'd love me a Jim Lee sketch to frame :cloud9:

You got a sweet Tony Moore titled "To Danny" lol

ha ha

Something like that happened to me, once. Since I am not a cgc collector, but a sketch cover collector, I just enhanced the thing. ha ha

(can you hear the gasps?)

All I can recommend is to get there early and try to the be the first in line. I personally don't mind waiting. But my time limit is usually three hours. After that, I just go to my usual guys for sketches. :)

All I can recommend is to get there early and try to the be the first in line. I personally don't mind waiting. But my time limit is usually three hours. After that, I just go to my usual guys for sketches. :)

well said. Be first in line and have the money for what you want.

You Texas guys need to make sure you check out the Dallas Comic Con scene.

http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/Home.html

They hold 4 shows a year: 2 comic, 1 sci fi, and 1 star wars.

In January, they had Herb Trimpe, Thomas Jane, Bernie Wrightson, Howard Chaykin and more.

In March, they had James O'Barr, Brian Denham, Andrew Mangum, and more.

In August, they had J. Scott Campbell and Mitch Breitweiser (thanks again, Kris).

In two weeks, Adam Hughes will be there with Ray Park, Anthony Daniels, and Hayden P. from Heroes.

I used to think that the loss of WWTX left me with nothing, but these shows are pretty good.