• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Third Signature Series sketch opportunity with Anthony Castrillo!

823 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

My thanks to Anthony for showing the beginning of his work that shows my late grandfather in his World War Two uniform. It's a big thrill! I've collected comics for about 20 years now, but got to thinking about a real hero (my grandfather), and decided, instead of a fantasy character, why not have a fantastic artist (Anthony ( (thumbs u ) sketch something based on my grandfather's photo from 1943, before he went overseas to war?

This December will mark the 65th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge that was fought in the Ardennes Forest between Belgium and Germany. My grandfather Stanley was an officer in the U.S. Army's 99th Infantry Division and saw his men through hard fighting in one of the coldest winters in modern history. In short, he and his men killed them Nazi SOBS in their foxholes. After this battle, he was then part of a unit that went through several concentration camps, and his job was to search through piles of bodies looking for survivors. Needless to say this affected him the rest of his life.

I will repost this message after I get the finished work from Anthony (thanks for helping arrange this Brian :applause:). And yes, my grandfather's ears were a little big for him in that uniform, no harm in seeing that. I own plenty of high end comics, but when this one is finished, it will rank as my best comic ever!

Mervin

Hey guys,

My thanks to Anthony for showing the beginning of his work that shows my late grandfather in his World War Two uniform. It's a big thrill! I've collected comics for about 20 years now, but got to thinking about a real hero (my grandfather), and decided, instead of a fantasy character, why not have a fantastic artist (Anthony ( (thumbs u ) sketch something based on my grandfather's photo from 1943, before he went overseas to war?

This December will mark the 65th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge that was fought in the Ardennes Forest between Belgium and Germany. My grandfather Stanley was an officer in the U.S. Army's 99th Infantry Division and saw his men through hard fighting in one of the coldest winters in modern history. In short, he and his men killed them Nazi SOBS in their foxholes. After this battle, he was then part of a unit that went through several concentration camps, and his job was to search through piles of bodies looking for survivors. Needless to say this affected him the rest of his life.

I will repost this message after I get the finished work from Anthony (thanks for helping arrange this Brian :applause:). And yes, my grandfather's ears were a little big for him in that uniform, no harm in seeing that. I own plenty of high end comics, but when this one is finished, it will rank as my best comic ever!

Mervin

(thumbs u

My grandfather was in the 3rd Infantry Division and landed in Europe as a replacement during the Bulge.

Hey guys,

Mervin

(thumbs u

My grandfather was in the 3rd Infantry Division and landed in Europe as a replacement during the Bulge.

Nice my Great Uncle is Gen. Mc Auliffe!!!! :headbang: If not for those great men and women, we would all be speaking German now.

f_vcekm_ef9ea53.jpg

Hey guys,

Mervin

(thumbs u

Nice my Great Uncle is Gen. Mc Auliffe!!!! :headbang: If not for those great men and women, we would all be speaking German now.

thumbsup4.gif