• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avengers #93 cgc 9.6...holy miscut!

5 posts in this topic

It has become obvious that eye appeal is not taken into account by CGC graders when it comes to factory defects. I guess they figure that they are grading how well the book was preserved, not how well it was produced because the buyer can't do anything about how a book was printed. For my money, I would much rather have a perfectly centered book with a couple of minor spine stresses or corner dings than something like this book. Sure, the corners are sharp, the pages nice and flat, it looks like it was never openned and put straight into a mylar in an air-conditioned basement...but the book itself still looks like [!@#%^&^]! Then again, I think the leaning tower of Pisa is nothing more than an architectural blunder too.

For my money, I would much rather have a perfectly centered book with a couple of minor spine stresses or corner dings than something like this book.

No. No. No. No. Please No.

Werner Von Doom

- Defender of "Ugly" Books that Can't Defend Themselves

tongue.gif